corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B c20xe problems (Newbie) help please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B c20xe problems (Newbie) help please
ultimawhistler

User status: Offline
21st Apr 09 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, I bought a corsa B with red top already installed. When I got it I noticed there was a few things wrong with it like the central locking doesnt work with the key, but locks when you push the button down and lift the handle but unlocks fine. The interior light doesnt work nor does the radio, but not too worried about them.
The biggest problem is the speedo doesnt work. I've read through the tutorial and checked the wiring, but im a bit confused. Can someone please offer some advice to get it working ?
Nothing off these plugs seem to be connected

This is another plug thats just hanging there :

These wires are just cut in the engine bay :

Not sure if this is right either

But i'm wondering if something needs to be connected in here to get the speedo working ? This is the best picture I can get unfortunately as its on the gearbox

Please can someone help ? Shame this has to be my first post

Thanks in advance
VegasPhil
Premium Member

21st Apr 09 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate,

Welcome to CorsaSport.

Wiring looks a bit gangster What model Corsa has that engine been fitted into? I'm guessing its a Sport with Air Con?

In the footwell there should be three plugs connected. 2 small ones and then the big plug that connects to the fuel relay.

Does the car run ok?

I'd say you need to look at that sensor in the gearbox. It might only be the reverse light though.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
ultimawhistler

21st Apr 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the reply. Car runs like a dream, idles perfectly. I hadnt thought about a reverse light, will check that later. Although that plug seems to be where I've seen other peoples cable drive for the speedo, so errrrrr
It was a 1.6 Sport, not sure about air con though, never looked at that bit.
There are 3 small ones and 1 large 1 in the footwell ( top picture for 2 and the 2nd picture down for another plug with just 3 wires into it )
B3KAN

21st Apr 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The speedo is electronic, There should be a 3 pin plug in the bay that plugs into that speedo drive on the grearbox

[Edited on 21-04-2009 by B3KAN]
ultimawhistler

21st Apr 09 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been all over the engine bay and up on ramps looked underneath and unfortunately there is no plug for it.

Bit of another update though
I started peeling back the brown tape and found that on the large black plug ( i think its from the c20 loom ) the brown/yellow brown/white and large red arent there. Also the 2 blue/red wires thick and thin are connected together.

Should it be wired so that the thick blue goes to the thick blue on the c20 loom large black pug and the blue red wire is from the smaller black square connector (top pic)

[Edited on 21-04-2009 by ultimawhistler]

[Edited on 21-04-2009 by ultimawhistler]
ultimawhistler

22nd Apr 09 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think i've found my problem. The two blue/red wires thick and thin are connected together inside some old insulation tape. Waiting for some road tax before I can make sure im right though.
However whilst i was trying to find what gearbox it was i noticed a small rubber pipe on the bulkhead that seems to be dripping water ( no idea what that is at the moment lol ) and a small oil leak. I'm beginning to think this was not such a good buy tbh.

Lastly I found another cable thats not connected.
Cant get a camera inside the engine bay to take a pic though. Its attached to the sump and ends up in some plastic plug. BUt the plastic plug thing is not connected to anything - does it need to be ? If so where please ?

The only image I could find online Im afraid - its the part in the red circle.

VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Apr 09 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That you don't need mate, cut it off.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
ultimawhistler

23rd Apr 09 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
That you don't need mate, cut it off.

Ok mate - thanks for that

New Poll