corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Voluntary Redundancy

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Voluntary Redundancy
James

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know how it works?

What is there to stop me getting a job offer somewhere else, then suggesting voluntary redundancy rather than handing my notice in?

In the current climate, the voluntary redundancy might get accepted which means I would get the redundancy payout (which is pretty generous here) and then walk into a new job.

What's the catch?
Dan Lewis

23rd Apr 09 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still have to work your notice i believe unless you go on gardening leave
Matt L

23rd Apr 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought with voulantary rendundancy you only get paid untill you find another job (but then again i may be thinking of something else )
James

23rd Apr 09 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know you still have to work your notice. That's not a problem.
Hammer

23rd Apr 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would a failed application affect your future career prospects?
Tom

23rd Apr 09 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have thought with any large corporate companies they would only accept voluntary redundancy if your department was under review etc. You won't just get it if you ask for it now as they will know you wouldn't walk out of a job for no reason!
James

23rd Apr 09 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I work for an investment bank - in fact we are probably the investment bank that has been most affected by the economic crisis.

They are making loads of cuts across the board, not sure if any are in my area but it's not like it will be completely out of the blue.
Colin

23rd Apr 09 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think if you work in banking & can keep your job/walk into another one you should be happy without thinking of ways to swindal redundancy monies.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Apr 09 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there isnt a catch james, if they chuck you out with a nice package say 10k, once you've worked your notice/not employed by them anymore you can walk straight into another job no problem.
James

23rd Apr 09 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting. I think i'll wait until I get another job and then apply for voluntary redundancy then.

However I think they will probably cotton onto the fact that i'm leaving for another job and get me to just hand my notice in

[Edited on 23-04-2009 by James]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Voluntary Redundancy 23 database queries in 0.0159070 seconds