corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Some advice please?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Some advice please?
AlunJ

User status: Offline
27th Apr 09 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all, as some of you may know, a few months back I invested in a nikon d60. Really love the camera, but haven't had a great deal of time to play with it tbh. I went to my cousins wedding on the weekend which was the perfect excuse to drag along my camera, unfortunately I'm no expert with settings so took most of the pictures in automatic. I've also found I most certainly need a longer lense, my kit 18-55 isn't quite up to much haha!

Now I really enjoyed doing a bit of a shoot the other day, and would really like to get into it properly but, I'm finding it a bit hard learning what settings to alter for what effects etc. Now I know most of you say just play with the settings until you find out what does what, but does anyone have any good material worth reading up on? Thought about doing a course of something in it but due to my work I don't get alot of time to do one I see the open university do a basic course - anyone done this?

Basically any advice would be fantastic
Ojc

27th Apr 09 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, same applies to me
AlunJ

27th Apr 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, I've taken some nice pictures, but don't really compare to some of the standards everyone on here are up to. Had a look on talk photography and daren't utter a word haha!

I'd go back to university and learn but i'm sort of happy in my career - would be good to have photography to fall back on though
AndyKent

27th Apr 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally, a course is likely to be a bit of waste of time.

I bought a really good book on motorsport photography off amazon and it taught me loads.

If I were you, I'd firstly get to your local waterstones/ottakars/bookshop and see if they've got any decent books on using the camera - pretty much anything other than a 'learn your camera' book as they are too basic.

Then get out and go for a walk or to a track day with the camera trying some stuff from the book. Doesn't matter if the results are shit, so long as you work out why. Just pick it up from there - thats pretty much all a course will tell you to do.
AndyKent

27th Apr 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps. Unless you're really good, photography isn't much of a career to be honest. Very hard to get into, and very hard to earn decent money in.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Some advice please? 24 database queries in 0.0091140 seconds