corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » People with Ashley Competition cat back exhausts?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People with Ashley Competition cat back exhausts?
Stokie Dave

User status: Offline
27th Apr 09 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been looking around on the net and the best price for the system I want (AVXS15 - twin box 2" bore, 3" stainless tailpipe) is just under £150 delivered from Chris Astley Motorsport.

Does anyone know of a better price? Seems about 10-15 quid cheaper than most places which seems good.

Also, my car (1999 T reg 1.6 16v Sport) is lowered 60mm at the back. I know standard exhausts tend to catch the back axle. Currently I've got a powerflow centre section on which I had reshaped to clear the back axle due to lowering.

Do the Ashley systems have a higher kink over the back axle due to the lowering issue? Or are they just as per standard and catch the back axle?

Cheers
gez bay

27th Apr 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate! ive got the same ashley system on my 1.6 sport, its very good, and an even better price.
you wont have any troubles with it catching the rear beam
Stokie Dave

27th Apr 09 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top stuff Was it you who posted a vid the other day somewhere on here of your motor? (edit just found it in your project thread, sounds brill!)

Quite looking forward to getting one really, just wanted make sure they don't catch the rear beam like a standard centre section.

Was it easy to fit or much modification needed at the cat end?

[Edited on 27-04-2009 by Stokie Dave]
gez bay

27th Apr 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just slid straight on with abit of elbow grease
Stokie Dave

27th Apr 09 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spot on hope it goes easy for me, got 2 cats to choose from really as both are diff lengths yet both for x14/16xe. Odd lol.
Stokie Dave

29th Apr 09 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any more final opinions about rear axle clearance before I order?
gez bay

30th Apr 09 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope just get new exhaust rubbers while your replacing theexhaust
Daveskater
Premium Member

30th Apr 09 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently put on and Ashley backbox, the 3" stainless tip one, probably the same as you've ordered.

It was hitting the axle whereas my standard one wasn't, my solution for now was to cut the insides out of one of my old exhaust rubbers and cable tie it over the axle. No more "donk" noises now.

However, it wasn't tied on that tight so it came out from under the cable ties, what I did the second time was put one on each side of the spine running along the middle of the rubber and did it really right. I thought it might affect the brake seeing as it's right on top of the handbrake cable, but it hasn't as far as I can tell.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll