corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Hatton vs Pacman!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hatton vs Pacman!
Wrighty

User status: Offline
5th May 09 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
manny will be hard to beat but i think mayweather could do it.

not a chance...

did you not watch manny vs Oscar?

Manny is a lot stronger since then, but it proved 2 things, how good manny is and the fact manny can take a punch too...

He's got it all..

Speed.
Accuracy
Endurance
Intelligence
Ability to take a punch.
and now KO Power.

if you read my previous posts youl read i did watch manny v oscar mayweather wasnt crowned pfp best boxer for no reason before he retired - because he was the best and he wants his crown back

more to the point, did you watch mayweather beat hatton? hes a clever fighter - and isnt manny punching above his weight now...

i arnt telling you whos gonna win outta pacman and mayweather, im saying mayweather could well put manny in his place. Lets watch mayweather v marquez first though eh
corsa - gus

5th May 09 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamC
quote:
Originally posted by corsa - gus
Hatton will win imo, too big and strong for pacman. Hattons never been beaten at this weight and Pacmans never fought at it. Hatton inside 7 rounds for me.

Good call.

I hold my hands up, not the only person to get it wrong though
Eck
Premium Member

5th May 09 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
manny will be hard to beat but i think mayweather could do it.

not a chance...

did you not watch manny vs Oscar?

Manny is a lot stronger since then, but it proved 2 things, how good manny is and the fact manny can take a punch too...

He's got it all..

Speed.
Accuracy
Endurance
Intelligence
Ability to take a punch.
and now KO Power.

And Mayweather has them in abundance also You need to behave yirsel. Your word is not gospel.
J da Silva

5th May 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think what you all might be forgetting is Mayweather took out a Ricky Hatton who was on top of his game, plenty of ambition an the will to keep his undefeated record intact, Hatton was at his best when Mayweather tore him to pieces, Manny beat a Ricky Hatton that has lost that record and the drive he once had, also Hatton's been thrown into a different environment as regards his training and his lifestyle.

For me Manny is a good technician and he can take a good crack on the chin, but how will he fair against the ultimate trap setter who will slice his opponents eyes to bits? Will be intersting.

[Edited on 05-05-2009 by J da Silva]
Hammer

5th May 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put it this way, Freddy Roach won't be finding such a momumental flaw in Mayweathers defence as he did with Hatton.

In modern day boxing there is no more elusive fighter than Mayweather for me, he came out the Hatton fight having murdered him and taking not a single mark to his face.
corsa - gus

6th May 09 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would agree with both of the above comments that Mayweather should in no way be underestimated. However, there was a lot of publicity about the lack of strength in Mayweathers hands before he fought Hatton, and to be honest, I don't think he will have the power to KO Pacman. Would be an awesome fight though. Pacman would need to raise his game even further to beat Mayweather, because as said previously Mayweather does not have the same defensive frailties that Hatton does. But then again, what do I know after my prediction earlier in this thread
DannyB
Premium Member

6th May 09 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mayweather vs manny will be a good fight but I feel mayweather will win.
MoesTavern

6th May 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pacquiao has been given problems by defensive counter-punchers in the past, Mayweather is the best in the business at that so I predict a Mayweather win.
Wrighty

6th May 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Put it this way, Freddy Roach won't be finding such a momumental flaw in Mayweathers defence as he did with Hatton.

In modern day boxing there is no more elusive fighter than Mayweather for me, he came out the Hatton fight having murdered him and taking not a single mark to his face.

just to add to this, freddy wont have any recent vids of mayweather to watch & try pick up on flaws like he did with hatton. i dont think there is anyway manny can 'prepare' for a fight with mayweather.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Hatton vs Pacman! 24 database queries in 0.0099349 seconds