corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do Days Go Quick And Slow?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do Days Go Quick And Slow?
Tiger

User status: Offline
8th May 09 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is it that Mondays go really quickly regardless of how much work I do but say a Thursday will go slow, again regardless of how much work I do?

Does the Time Continuum really speed up and slow down secretly?

Weekends have no real pace as such, the time that it is, is generally the time that it feels, Mondays I think it must be around 0800 but I look at the clock and am always surprised to see its at least 2 hours later than it feels.
Lawrah
Premium Member

8th May 09 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel its the other way around..on a monday the time goes so fecking slow, when you really just want to go home...and on a Friday time flys.
Ojc

8th May 09 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have had this discussion many times at work.

Time must move at a different pace for different people.
Kurt

8th May 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaMadVIYANI
Ben G

8th May 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate said this to me today, i'm a firm believer that 1 second actually lasts 1 second and no longer/shorter.

it's all in the mind. that's why when you're concentrating on something e.g eating/reading/playing a game etc time feels quicker as you're not thinking about the time.
Tiger

8th May 09 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
my mate said this to me today, i'm a firm believer that 1 second actually lasts 1 second and no longer/shorter.

it's all in the mind. that's why when you're concentrating on something e.g eating/reading/playing a game etc time feels quicker as you're not thinking about the time.

Like I say though, regardless of whether I have nothing to do at all, or am really busy, the day still goes really quickly but only on certain days.
John

8th May 09 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time as being discussed in here is in the mind, it's the same as time flys when you are having fun.

Time is relative to each person though, not in any measurable quantity going about daily business on earth though.
kz

8th May 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember one day at work, I thought it was about 3:30, looked at the time and it was 5:30, the time we finished. Went to tell everyone and they were all like they also all thought it was only about 3 or 4, really weird that was... we must of been working our arses off
mattk

8th May 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tonight is going slow, Im bored as FUCK!!
Paul_J

8th May 09 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fast.

I always find when I've done programming days go by fast... as a job, it goes past really fast. especially when you've got stacks of work to get done, you feel you don't have enough hours.

Generally the busier you are / the more fun you have the faster time goes.... the more unenjoyable things are / the less you have to do, the slower time goes.
Paul_J

8th May 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

Scientifically time is not constant and does speed up / slow down and can be bent...

Time is the 4th dimension.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do Days Go Quick And Slow? 23 database queries in 0.2588241 seconds