corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » xe problem please try to help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xe problem please try to help
callum_browns_sport

User status: Offline
18th May 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ive just put a c20xe dizzy engine in my corsa and it wouldnt start checked the crank sensor thats fine afm got another one icv got another one cap rotor leads pugs coil amplifier all changed loom changed checked the fuel lines wernt traped they were fine fuel pressher regulator changed then i thought maby its the fuel lines maby there on back to front so i swoped them over and it runs but there on backwerds the fuel is going in the offside of the rail though the fuel presser regulator the tho the rail and back to the tank it should be the other way round and it has no presher in the rail that way so hows it running it shouldnt run like this when you rev it it dies and when the fuel pipes are the right way round it wont run but theres pressher in the rail if eny one has eny idears please post them up because i am very very stuck now thank you
moka

18th May 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate, that was a mission to try and read.
callum_browns_sport

18th May 09 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry eny sugestions
unionjack30

18th May 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try a new fuel rail mate or injectors
callum_browns_sport

18th May 09 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what im gna try tomoro ive got a spair rail and injectors could that cause it ??????
Ste
Premium Member

18th May 09 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ive just put a c20xe dizzy engine in my corsa and it wouldn't start.
I've checked the crank sensor thats fine.
afm, got another one.
icv, got another one.
I have replaced cap, rotor, leads, plugs, coil and amplifier.
Loom has been changed.
Checked the fuel lines weren't traped, they were fine.
Fuel pressure regulator changed.

Then i thought maybe it's the fuel lines, maybe they're on back to front, so i swapped them over and it runs, but they're on backwards. The fuel is going in the offside of the rail though the fuel pressure regulator, then through the rail and back to the tank. it should be the other way round and it has no presher in the rail that way.
So how's it running? it shouldn't run like this!

When you rev it it dies and when the fuel pipes are the right way round it wont run but theres pressure in the rail.

If any one has any ideas please post them up because i am very very stuck now. thank you

[just made it a bit easier to understand mate]

It sounds like a problem with the fuel pressure regulator.

I know you have changed it, but is the new one working? Try putting the old one back on. Is the fuel filter ok? What about the fuel pump, is it working at the right pressure?

hth

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
callum_browns_sport

18th May 09 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we made a makeshift 2l fuel pump to see if that would work and it didnt

p.s thank you for sorten out my question

[Edited on 18-05-2009 by callum_browns_sport]

New Poll