corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Alarm system

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alarm system
LukeD

User status: Offline
19th May 09 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Severe lack of knowledge and really dont know where to start looking. had a quick gander via ebay and theres thousands of different versions.

Car has central locking allready, but... the immobilser was by passed years back. so slightly worried that with the car being 22 years old it will be an easy job to nick? hence why im feeling an alarm system is neccesary.

So a good well priced one?, advice? ebay cheapest place to look? plus free fitting is a must

Ta!
Ste
Premium Member

19th May 09 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You won't get free fitting. It will be hidden into the cost of the alarm.

You can get a Thatcham 2 immobiliser fitted for about £140.

Or you can buy them for £40, fit it yourself, then get a Thatcham approved engineer to test it and issue a certificate for about £25.

Alarm wise, have a search on google for reviews on car alarms. Decide what your budget is and what you want from the alarm and pursue it from there.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
shaunmods
Premium Member

19th May 09 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toad Ai606 Got one on mine and its fantastic! They are roughly £200 on ebay including fitting at your home. Loads of great features included with them as well.
Chris x

19th May 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Toad Ai606 Got one on mine and its fantastic! They are roughly £200 on ebay including fitting at your home. Loads of great features included with them as well.

New Poll