corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » nitro RC Car people

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author nitro RC Car people
C2RL R

User status: Offline
20th May 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my parents got me a Nitro RC car many years ago for my birthday. it's not a great spec thing - Kyosho pure ten GP alpha 4WD with a focus rally shell. i used it for a little while then it just got stuck in the loft until today. i've been messing around with it to try and get it working but had no success.

first off i tried the pull starter but it was very tight. i removed the glow plug thinking that the engine was flooded and gave the pull starter a tug but the bastard rope thing snapped.
the one that came with the engine was a cheap looking thing anyway so i'm looking to replace it. i am a complete novice at this so i have no clue what to look for. i've been on the modelsport uk website and i'm spoilt for choice. are these things standard dimensions so the various manufacturers are interchangeable? or do i have to pick the correct one for my engine? the engine is a kyosho GX-12 if that helps.

the other thing i have noticed is that the steering servo is only moving a little bit in either direction so it will barely turn. i guess these servos are cheap crap too so what is involved in changing them for something decent?

i don't know if i've provided enough info here but if any of you RC car folk fancy helping me out then let me know and i'll get more info.

cheers
sand-eel

20th May 09 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pull cord is easy to replace, just get one that is the same length and you should have no probs. Servos are pretty much universal so just get one that fits or is the same design.
nathy_87

21st May 09 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just take it to a r/c model shop and say 'Can you get this working?' thats waht im going to do with mine.
C2RL R

21st May 09 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the whole point of this is for me to have something else to do that doesn't involve going to the pub getting trashed on a daily basis.
nathy_87

21st May 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is where i will be going (but its in Derby) just to give you a rough estimate on the price of things mate. ope it helps.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » nitro RC Car people 23 database queries in 0.0065649 seconds