corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » My garden progress thread - UPDATE 3/5/09 - Hot tub in, deck nearly done!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My garden progress thread - UPDATE 3/5/09 - Hot tub in, deck nearly done!
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd May 09 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lawns gonna done once the decking is finished, no point doing it atm cos the theres wood shavings and lengths of wood everywhere, so its killing bits of it off.

Hope fully by end of next week ill be able to start doing summit with it. Not sure wether to cut and try repair this one, or re lay. funds are getting low now, so may have to go for a repair for now

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
mattk

3rd May 09 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just chuck some seed down, be reet
Gregor

3rd May 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very strange looking house ! Are the garages underneath or something?
Dan
Premium Member

4th May 09 at 06:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
i have 3 garages under me. And above is my place.

Fee

8th May 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've just started decking out the back of ours...
pain in the ass! (although I can't say I've really done much!)

Our area is about 8mx8m though

Would love a hot tub on it!
Dan
Premium Member

8th May 09 at 14:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was supposed to be 4.2x2.4 its ended up at 6.6x3 lol. Get a lay z spa. although i havent used it yet, im well impressed with the quality.

Boycey

8th May 09 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good job with the decking mate Did you build that yourself and how much did it cost?
Dan
Premium Member

8th May 09 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea built myself. ive spent in the region of 550 for all the decking baulastrading etc and screws etc

thats for the full 6.6 x 3 m

Dan
Premium Member

10th May 09 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly finished now!! All the baulstrading is done, deck floor is complete and cut around tub and filter unit. started the pergola. Just need to get 2 more lengths of 4x2 and it can be finished in an hour or so.

Then i just gotta run an outside plug through from inside the garage.

Dan
Premium Member

12th May 09 at 07:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adge

12th May 09 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really like this mate, given me ideas to get sorted with mine
Dan
Premium Member

12th May 09 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers adge! Yea get it sorted, worth every penny you spend.

Didnt notice till just now the dogs in the last pic lol, the decks only 15cm high, shows how small he is lol

x14xe ry

12th May 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are they your windows above the decking? looks nice will be nice in the summer should of built a bar too lol
Dan
Premium Member

17th May 09 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the decks finally finished, all bar staining the pergola, so impressed with it, gonna be great for the summer!

Next project is run cabling through garage and put a twin rcd socket outside. Cut into mains water pipe and run pipework to outside for a tap.

Then im planning on putting a border of around half a meter deep all the way around garden to square it off. Because at the min the rear fence slopes out so much.

AK

20th May 09 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Done....

One thing.... Are you going to colour the decking/handrails and spindles to match the posts?

We've done ours slightly differently. Posts to the level of the joists... then we'll mount posts at the edges of the decking for the handrail (the posts with the notches to sit into joists). They are a smooth/lighter wood than the rough treated posts.

May have been an idea to lay some membrane on the grass too :/ Hope you dont get weeds poking their heads up in time.

[Edited on 20-05-2009 by AK]
Dan
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers adam. Yea im only going to paint the pergola to match. Think it looks different and i really like tho two colours. As for membrane i put plenty down. 2 layers full length.

One thing i kinda regret is not doing rear posts as you say so they sat against wall and there was no gap between the posts and wall

Dan
Premium Member

23rd May 09 at 07:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How fooking annoying. filled the tub up yesterday evening, and its got a tiny air leak from one of the inflatable rings. Because ive had it so long its just out of return date and they wont take it back as its now not covered for punctures.

Bollox!! 900l of water now has to be drained out so i can repair it

Graham88

23rd May 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gun gum

Unlucky mate, liking the decking, looks professional
Dan
Premium Member

23rd May 09 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been out on it for most of the day so far. Hot tubs up and running and up to 35 degrees, another 5 to go. But fook me its nice. so relaxing

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll