corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Clutch stiff

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clutch stiff
moka

User status: Offline
27th May 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a corsa b 1.0 gls and a corsa b 1.4 sport.

I have had the 1.0 for 4 years now and the clutch has always been stiff. Since i got the 1.4 sport i have got used to a much softer clutch and now everytime i go back to the 1.0 i hate the hard clutch... HOW can i adjust it so its softer like the 1.4?

Help is appreciated
moka

28th May 09 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any one? Need to know if clutch is on way out? Or its just a simple adjustment...? Hoping adjustment!
Torsa g

28th May 09 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it might be down to different makes in clutch, siezed cable, stiff pedal ect, get some wd40 on the cable and all the parts that operate the clutch, failing that the clutch could be on it last legs
DaveyLC

28th May 09 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cant 'adjust' a clutch.. As Torsa says either the fingers are made of a more tensile materials on the 1.0 clutch or the cable is shot..
Torsa g

28th May 09 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
You cant 'adjust' a clutch.. As Torsa says either the fingers are made of a more tensile materials on the 1.0 clutch or the cable is shot..

Yeah the operation side of the clutch is not adjustable but the positon of the bite is, which will have nothing to do with this, so dont be mixed up with adjusting thinking its gona make it easier as all your doin is moving the bite on the pedal to your comfort!
moka

28th May 09 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Torsa g
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

Yeah the operation side of the clutch is not adjustable but the positon of the bite is, which will have nothing to do with this, so dont be mixed up with adjusting thinking its gona make it easier as all your doin is moving the bite on the pedal to your comfort!

Ah ok mate i got ya, tbh you have just saved me a bit of hassle, i was about to go and start messing about with that! Guess ill just try and spray bit of WD40... where abouts would i need to spray it? All along the cable?

[Edited on 28-05-2009 by moka]
Torsa g

28th May 09 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the cable of it and spray inside the cable, plus spray the clutch pedal it self where it pivots, also spray the clutch arm that pivots in the gearboxe

New Poll