corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » help with Excel Macro

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help with Excel Macro
Fonz
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Jun 09 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am designing a “basic” database in work and having trouble with some macros

The database is a record of production. Information is added at pre and post production. Adding the pre-production information I have sorted. A form is filled in, submit button hit and a new row is created with the information in. Along this row there are gaps where post production information is entered, but trying to get this information to paste into the correct row I cant do.

I have a form to fill in the information (one each for pre and post production) which I then want adding to the database against the reference number. Converting the information from the input form into the database I can do for pre production, but getting the post-production data entered into the database along the correct row I don’t know how to get there.

I believe I want a search function that takes the database reference number (on the post-production form) and finds this in column A. once this ref number is found, the cell is active and I can to paste the information from the post production form into the gaps on the correct row

Anyone have a clue?
AndyKent

10th Jun 09 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are you using excel as a database?

Would be easier to use access probably, or web up a web page to record onto a MySQL database?
Fonz
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most probably although it is only a simply database and also no one in the work place uses access and thus excel is the preferred method

i've no clue what a MySQL database is

New Poll