corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If today was your last day.........

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If today was your last day.........
am4nf

User status: Offline
10th Jun 09 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously no one is gona say yes, why would you be happy about dying?
gsi-gaz

10th Jun 09 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh fuck no!
HOMIE

10th Jun 09 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope.
LukeS

10th Jun 09 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf

No more college work to do?
Daimo B

10th Jun 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
C2RL, I understand. I love my house, i really do, but owning it means im shafted and cannot change my life to make me happier.....

yes thats it in a nutshell. me and the long term gf spent ages going over our income and outgoings to work out if we could afford to buy. we went for it then split up 8 months later so now my wage has to cover everything instead of just half of it. whilst she's been off enjoying herself i've been living the quiet life with little funds for what i want to be doing. i'm not getting any younger either and feel like i'm wasting away my years. i have probably made the right choice by staying on the property ladder but i can't help thinking that my life would be better now if i'd walked away and let her keep the house.

now that was a long post.

See, no matter how bad life is, theres ALWAYS someone worst off, thats how I try to get by. When you've helped kids half your age who've been rapped, beaten by their families, abused, rejected, no self respect, it makes you realise what you've got....

But then its back to being human, more-so southern english, wanting more... Got a house, want a bigger one, got a car, want a better one, got a bike, want a faster one etc.....

My lifes good, im happy, nothing to complain about really at all. Make your own choices in life, its just my choice in career is, and always has been, about making money, and not about happyness. Never given the guidance, so now im royally screwed. Would love to go back to college, been looking at evening courses, but really you need FT education.

So really, your worse off than me. I guess your in that sh1tty stage of stuck in a mortgage... Any friends wanna move in? Lodger helps loads.

All I can suggest is making your "mates" get round more, make sure they bring the beer, you have the beds... You can't go out, so bring the party to you.
C2RL R

10th Jun 09 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i made it sound worse than it was there tbh. it has been bad in the past but things are looking up, mainly i'm doing well at work so earning more and the mortgage has come down a lot. i just feel that the last time i ever felt really happy was before i bought the place. although things are better now than last year they would have to go a long way to be on a par with 5-6 years ago.
am4nf

10th Jun 09 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sowden1991
quote:
Originally posted by am4nf

No more college work to do?

College work is a bastard
sand-eel

10th Jun 09 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No
Daimo B

10th Jun 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i made it sound worse than it was there tbh. it has been bad in the past but things are looking up, mainly i'm doing well at work so earning more and the mortgage has come down a lot. i just feel that the last time i ever felt really happy was before i bought the place. although things are better now than last year they would have to go a long way to be on a par with 5-6 years ago.

Likewise. But morelike 10 years ago for me..... So that just means im getting older
Ellis

10th Jun 09 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too much left to do in life, so no...
C2RL R

on a plus note you bought your house at a very good time.
MarkM

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Likewise. But morelike 10 years ago for me..... So that just means im getting older

Yes I was about to say....

It's probably as we are all getting older. Going out isn't as exciting as it used to be anymore . Also because I have my own gaff I don't mind staying in as much as I have my own space etc.

Now I prefer to have a blow out once a month rather than every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday like I did from 19-23.

I also can't hack the hangovers like I used to.

[Edited on 10-06-2009 by MarkM]

Daimo B

10th Jun 09 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
on a plus note you bought your house at a very good time.

Nope missed that boat too. Found out houses in our area were 35+k cheaper the year before we moved in. Did go up, but back to what we paid now...

Missed the web boom too (seriously gutted)
Daimo B

10th Jun 09 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Yes I was about to say....

It's probably as we are all getting older. Going out isn't as exciting as it used to be anymore . Also because I have my own gaff I don't mind staying in as much as I have my own space etc.

Now I prefer to have a blow out once a month rather than every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday like I did from 19-23.

I also can't hack the hangovers like I used to.

Amen to that. Instead of going out tues-Sund nights and feeling ok, now i'll go out on 1 razz session, and it'll screw my sleep over for the next day

Pubs are all the same, they serve beer. Clubbing just makes me feel proper old, seeing 16 yo's getting in (nothing we didn't do )... I feel like an old man.

I like staying in when i've got stuff to do. Like geeky fag hobbies..
MarkM

10th Jun 09 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to say a sign of getting old is when you hear yourself say...

"Lets go the [insert name of pub] they do a nice pint in there..."

MarkM

10th Jun 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also my nights out now cost a fortune compared to when I was a nipper. I used to be able to go out with £30-40 drink all night...cabs...kebab on way home and still have change.

My monthly nights out now consist of starting on the ale early (about 1-2pm) and drinking right through till I can't stand up anymore, I run out of money or the bars close at 3am. They cost well in excess of £100 all in.

Daimo B

10th Jun 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£30-£40.....

I remember going out with a £20 note, getting 5-6 pints, fags, and having change to call your ma/pa to picm you up (ok 15/16 odd )

Nights out now somehow cost £50+ easy... Add a cab, add aother £20 at least...
Skylined

10th Jun 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not until I have the following sat on my driveway:

koenigsegg CCR
ferrari enzo/360 spider
aston DB9
ascari KZ1
lamborghini LP640
corsa ZLET

Rob C

10th Jun 09 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i reckon i probably would.. done quite a lot of stuff that i'd want to do realistically..

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If today was your last day......... 23 database queries in 0.3817720 seconds