corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Something I've never got with music trends...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Something I've never got with music trends...
J da Silva

User status: Offline
18th Jun 09 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been talking to someone tonight about their personal taste in music, he's a 'gothic' if you must, he likes Korn, Slipknot and so on, we was talking about a certain album of the same genre, I asked his thoughts on the album, he replied " I don't like them, but I have to support our kind so I'll most likely buy it". WTF

Me personally just like anything that I think sounds good, wether it be heavy rock or reggae etc....

Why do certain people feel the need to be different, yet they are part of a big movement globally? Something I read in a thread last night started these thoughts off, which in turn made me ask certain questions to the guy I spoke to tonight.
Matt H

18th Jun 09 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's an odd thing to do! Think it'll only be the goth type people that do it though
John

18th Jun 09 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This grinds my gears Jizzy.

I listen to music because it sounds good, this seems to be a strange concept these days.

[Edited on 18-06-2009 by John]
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to love the folk who conform to non-conformity
Hammer

18th Jun 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Got to love the folk who conform to non-conformity

The irony in goths and emos is unbelievable. By trying to break away from the norm they are joining the 2 most distinct groups in modern society

As far as music is concerned if my favourite band release a song I don't like I'll say I don't like it. Or if it's cool to like something but I think it's shit then it's shit. That's the way it should be.
C2RL R

18th Jun 09 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've always been like you said. i have some tunes on my pc that i get slated for having as they are sad or whatever. i just like what i like.
J da Silva

18th Jun 09 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My personal favourite artists are......

Cypress Hill
ODB
Deftones
Queens of the Stone Age
RHCP
Korn
Placebo
Metallica
Busta Rhymes
Radiohead
Limp Bizkit (early years)
System of a Down
Depeche Mode
UB40
Simple Minds
Morissey
The Macc Lads
Dj Muggs
Death in Vegas
DMX
Fun Lovin' Criminals
Garbage
Ice Cube
Kasabian
Leftfield
Sex Pistols
Manic Street Preachers
Massive Attack
Nirvana
Prodigy

You can tell I just like anything, one extreme to the other.
Matt H

18th Jun 09 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Macc Lads
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like anything from Killswitch Enage, to Lady Gaga And anything inbetween. If something is good, I'll listen. If it's shit, I'll slate it!
Hammer

18th Jun 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 2 polar opposites would have to be Sigur Ros and Chemical Brothers, love them both
J da Silva

18th Jun 09 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The most catchiest song ever is Obie Trice- Bad Bitch.
J da Silva

18th Jun 09 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst on the subject, I'm listening to Massive Attack - Butterfly Change, well chilled out.
Chrissy
Premium Member

18th Jun 09 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
My 2 polar opposites would have to be Sigur Ros and Chemical Brothers, love them both

Good shout that man.

>>>> Chris <<<<

ed

18th Jun 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it funny that people in certain scenes wear the same uniform, to be different
Liam B

18th Jun 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really liking Kasabian - Fire at the moment, lending their album tomorrow to see what its like, never bothered with the last one empire
Richardhhha

19th Jun 09 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a full spectrum of goths, punks, rockers, heavy metalers. Each section being different. I think the thing that puts these people appart from the trendies and the chavs is that they wont stab you to death because you said a surten song is crap or you disrespect them... I personaly fall into the rock and heavy metal side of things, but i can listen to lilly allan and still find it ok. I do get what you are saying tho why the fuck conform to buying albums that are in all honesty crap to fit in with your mates who think they are great... I personaly don't get it but each to there own.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

19th Jun 09 at 00:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my music taste is wierd! it ranges from miley cyrus and christina aguilera to blink 182 and saliva
chloe16v

19th Jun 09 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the song that im really loving at the min is mcfly the heart never lies, only mcfly song i listen to tho
Wrighty

19th Jun 09 at 02:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
i just like what i like.

and that everyone, is what counts
Daveskater
Premium Member

19th Jun 09 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flame-red
Really liking Kasabian - Fire at the moment, lending their album tomorrow to see what its like, never bothered with the last one empire
I want to get the new one as well, Empire was a massive let down imo. One or two moderate tracks and that's it. New one sounds much more like it

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Nath

19th Jun 09 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got their new one on my works pc, trying to figure out how I can get it from there to my laptop which is at home
M2RTY

19th Jun 09 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything with heart, soul and a good beat......

Justice, Junior Jack, Dirty South, Dave Spoon, Armand van Helden, Felix da Housecat, 2Many DJs, Goldfrapp, Gorillaz, David Guetta, MJ Cole, Tidy Trax, Lisa Lashes, Xpress 2, Paul Oakenfold, Tim Deluxe, Tiesto, Klass, Paul van Dyke, Buddha Bar, Defected in the House, Duke Dumont, Hed Kandi, DJ Yoda, Groove Armada, Jeremy Healy, Sterling Void, Deadmau5, Masters @ Work, Jurassic 5, London Elektricity, The Chemical Brothers, Fat Boy Slim, Prodigy, Niche, Mighty Dub Katz, Freemasons, The Knife, Martin Solveig, Basement Jaxx, High Contrast, MGMT, Kathy Brown, MSTRKRFT, Soulwax, Kings of Tomorrow, Mylo, Timo Maas, Stonebridge, Midnight Juggernauts, DJ Disciple, Peter Bjorn And John, Bloc Party, Killers, Radiohead, Arctic Monkys, Lily Allen, Feeder, Kaiser Chiefs, Santogold, Klaxons, Razorlight, Snow Patrol, System Of A Down, The Gossip, Mystery Jets, The Streets, QOTSA, RHCP, Adele, Bad Company, Ratpack, Roni Size, Helter Skelter, DJ Zinc, Pendulum, Shy FX, DJ Hype, DJ SS, Aphrodite, Dr Dre, 2Pac, Busta Rhymes, Clipse, Dizzee Rascal, Funkmaster Flex, Timbaland, Klashnekoff, LL Cool J, BIG, Ludacris, Missy Elliott, NAS, NERD, Wu Tang Clan, Outkast, T-Pain, Snoop Dogg, RUN DMC, Gwen Stefani, Kate Nash, Alicia Keys, Brandy, Amerie, Justin Timberlake, Lauryn Hill, Kelis, Talking Heads, Michael Jackson, Tracy Chapman, Queen, GnR, Rolling Stones, Happy Mondays, Bob Marley

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Something I've never got with music trends... 24 database queries in 0.0171340 seconds