corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Purchased a corsa, help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Purchased a corsa, help needed
xXx_Nova_xXx

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 09 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello everyone, been registered on here for a while but never really got round to coming on

today ive bought a P reg Corsa 1.4i Vegas 5dr edition, for a small price, im only 16 (some of you may know me from PNG) and it needs afew things doign to it, main one is a new ignition system as the key is still with the theives (bought form scrapyard basically). its going to be my college run-about.

basically, ive been told i need a key, transponder, doorlocks and the ecu from another 1.4i corsa 8v vegas, is this true? or will any corsa ecu work?

and also, some pcitures for you all, if they work

any help appreciated, starting to repair it tomorrow
gavint5

22nd Jun 09 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im quite sure your ecu will be fine. go to scrapheap wearing a big hi visibility storm proof jacket and buy keys and locks. make sure you get the plastic ring with a woire attatched to the ignition if there is one on yours. stick an ecu down your pants aswell just incase

the big jacket covers the ecu in our wasitline
xXx_Nova_xXx

22nd Jun 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine has the unit to recognise the chip in the key yeah, so i shouldnt need an ecu?

we tried to start it today using what was left of the ignition wirees, the engine management light flashed with the ignition on and it just turned over, i presume this means its chipped?
davieslim

22nd Jun 09 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ecu, transponder and chip go together so you will need these to match, door lock wise ditch them and fit an alarm

flashing eml light is a sigh that its imobilised

[Edited on 22-06-2009 by davieslim]
xXx_Nova_xXx

22nd Jun 09 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh right, so ill need a key, ecu, transponer from the ignition and it should be ok?

does it have to be from a 1.4i 8v vegas, or any corsa?
davieslim

22nd Jun 09 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will need to be a 1.4 8v corsa but dont matter what model its from

Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Jun 09 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might get away with just the box under the barrel so long as you can get a key.

Don't think you'll need the ECU and don't think it'll need to be a 1.4. It certainly won't matter whether it's a Vegas or some other model with that engine in. In fact I'm not even sure the engine size will matter.

Probably cheaper to buy just what you might need and go back if you need more.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Purchased a corsa, help needed 23 database queries in 0.0134010 seconds