corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mechanic Apprenticeships

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mechanic Apprenticeships
Markus
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone done this to get qualified where did you get put and how mich did you learn just looking for some information

I just passed all my tests and start in september at 90 p/w working 4 days at vauxhall ( which is handy ) and 1 day at college

im unemployed at the moment so its better than nothing !
lozarus

22nd Jun 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

started my apprentaship 3 years ago. Learned shit loads being in the garage 5 days a week/1 at college. Started on £160 p/w slowly went up now just finishing apprentaship off and am about to get a pay rise to just under £11 per hour.
TheCam

23rd Jun 09 at 02:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a know a lot of boys who've done there apprenticeships n there all good mechanics now.... ul be the bitch to start wi, making cups o tea n that but stick wi it, worth it imo
swill_omnibus

23rd Jun 09 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I missed the deadline AGAIN for the colleges this year I always apply to late good one though fella try and stick to it
Granted the industry is abit on it's arse at the moment but people will always need car's fixed and it's a good "on the side" hobby if know what i mean
Markus
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

23rd Jun 09 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing a few " on the side " today
an astra clutch and some brakes for a mate

CorsaSport14

23rd Jun 09 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just finished my 3 year apprenticeship with Toyota. Learned loads, but my apprenticeship is over so im getting out of the motor trade as its crap
Every mechanic says when you start to leave, and you think there joking, then as time progresses you realise they wernt

Its a good job for working on your own car and doing private jobs, apart from that its poor. Mechanics are always treated as bottom of the food chain, low paid, grease monkeys. Even at maindealerships.

Good for getting a qualification tho if your going through the proper apprenticeship scheme with them
ali_corsa

23rd Jun 09 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaSport14
Just finished my 3 year apprenticeship with Toyota. Learned loads, but my apprenticeship is over so im getting out of the motor trade as its crap
Every mechanic says when you start to leave, and you think there joking, then as time progresses you realise they wernt

Its a good job for working on your own car and doing private jobs, apart from that its poor. Mechanics are always treated as bottom of the food chain, low paid, grease monkeys. Even at maindealerships.

Good for getting a qualification tho if your going through the proper apprenticeship scheme with them

i have to agree with you there im only in my 2nd year but ive done all my level 3 college work, and stuck there for another year, i hate how poorly our garage is run, the crap management, and how we get treated in the workshop, cant wait to get out of the trade already tbh, but at the moment its a job so its just best to keep your mouth shut and get on with it

[Edited on 23-06-2009 by ali_corsa]
ali_corsa

23rd Jun 09 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WRG Corsa
i done a apprenticeship with a local garage was there for a fair bit but my boss just put me on services brakes and tyres and the college were teaching me other things but it was easy for the garage to pay me shit wages and not bother to teach me as i would be taking up another mechaincs time , then our college teacher cbf with the course anymore telling us to go home every time we went in, so i decided to jump the boat and be come a property sales/marketing person, its much better then being coverd in shit all day!!!

thats it a main dealer will charge around£200 for a decent service if an apprentice is doing it the garage is getting a lot of money to them selves, however if a fully qualifyed tech is doing it then they dont get as much, its cheap labour basically.

im comming to the end of my second year, and im doing clutches gear boxes, turbos on my own, hay i dont mind because now i can practise take my time get faster and more confident doing it so when im on bonus i would be doing them with my eyes closed and earning some bonus off them jobs.
Warren G

23rd Jun 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv done my 3 year apprenticship

been quaified for nearly 2 years

monies not great 18k + bonus, so about 21k a year

idealy want to be on about 25k to be happy...
Craig P

23rd Jun 09 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in my Last Year now (Nearly Finished...Hopefully?) And TBH an Apprenticeship is Shit.
I have only started to learn in the Last Year and doing my own Work Etc because i have never had a Mentor and i got loads of Shite to do.
This all comes down to where you Work and how good it is though.

I do like it now though and its perfect as im always working on Cars Etc.My Pay is Utter Wank though
bubble

23rd Jun 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did mine through vauxhall at a place called emtec. money was good i left when i was 21 after being qualified for 3 years. i was on about 22k in total, but the trade was on its arse around here so left.

still is mighty handy though when you need do some mechanical related shiz.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mechanic Apprenticeships 23 database queries in 0.2480741 seconds