corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sticking Clutch?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sticking Clutch?
Laney

User status: Offline
25th Jun 09 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driving to work this morning my car kept getting stuck in gear with the pedal flat to the floor The only way to get it back out was to turn the engine off, then turn it back on again and re-engage the gear. I managed to actually get in to work by basically taking it in and out of gear before it started to stick.

I've had a read about apparently it might not be the clutch but a hydraulic cylinder somewhere

Anyone got any ideas?

Its a mark4 Astra btw.
DaveyLC

25th Jun 09 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've got a hyrdaulic slave cylinder if it is starting to fail then its a gearbox out job.
Laney

25th Jun 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I got the AA out in the end and he said its the Slave cylinder. Gearbox out and a new clutch just in case

Damn hydraulic clutches!

New Poll