corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Law day - help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Law day - help
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

User status: Offline
27th Jun 09 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is someone breaking any type of law if they send letters and other correspondence in your name and using your old address? Basically someone pretending to be you?
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

27th Jun 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I forgot to mention that i know the person doing it
John

27th Jun 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Identity theft.
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

27th Jun 09 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its going to be hard for me to prove it as it was done from the email address we used to use when we had a small business together. He's pretty much said to a finance company that i bought him out of the business when i actually just walked out on it last year and that im taking financial control and responsibility for all debts which obviously im not. Ive since emailed the finance company stating that it was him pretending to be me but seeing as he's trying to fuck me up i thought i would return the deed :-)
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jun 09 at 01:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might be something Computer Misuse Act in there if he's accessing a computer system and the attempt is unauthorised. Particularly if he is reading the mailbox to check for replies.

If you shared the box and he had legitimate access then this isn't applicable.

After that there may be some financial misrepresentation thing somewhere which says that you can't speak on behalf of you. Obtaining funds by deceit or something if he's clearing the loans using a claim of your collateral which is false.

Perhaps just deception?

Not sure really. Needs legal advice.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Law day - help 23 database queries in 0.1040010 seconds