corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » XE Conversion - Keep finding bits I need... - Made some progress - More questions :)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XE Conversion - Keep finding bits I need... - Made some progress - More questions :)
Davidkent

User status: Offline
24th Jun 09 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right - I'm getting narked off with finding bits I need every 10 seconds so...

I can't find an engine number - Its doing my Nut as vauxhall seem to need it.

What exactly Do i need?

I have:

Engine
Box
Loom
ECU
Mount Kit
Alternator (But no fitting kit?)
Starter Motor
AFM
Dizzy
Leads
Coil
Some random silver thing with a plug on the bottom lol...

I know I need this lot, but don't know what type of stuff etc:

Alternator Fitting kit, all bolts etc
6x Bolts to hold bottom alternator Pulley on
Cam Covers
Spark Plug Cover
Lower mount from a Corsa - Correct me if i'm wrong - Not sure what mods it needs either?
Shafts (Not priority)
Hubs (Not priority)
Charging Loom - What does this actually consist of too - Is it direct for alternator, Starter etc?
Speedo Sensor thingy for the F20 - I have a hole where something should be atm?

What else do i need, and how can i go about getting some of this stuff - As its one thing after another - The guy told me most stuff was there, when really it wasn't...

Cheers

P.s - Whats the deal with the loom - There seems to be lots of extra plugs etc?

ie What goes where, Anyone have any full pics of an engine built up fully out of the car - Would be most grateful!

And ideas on what wires go where...

I can usually do this stuff no problem - But the stuff was so seperated and such a mess, I've hit a dead end, as obv once its built and all together, I can drop into the car and concentrate on getting it running!

[Edited on 24-06-2009 by Davidkent]

[Edited on 28-06-2009 by Davidkent]
p16vlv

24th Jun 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go on vauxsport , and there is quite a good guide on what you need and how to do it.
Davidkent

24th Jun 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome - I will do

Cheers
big*boy*rob

24th Jun 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

.u use the corsa charging loom the one with the battery terminals on.

. u use the corsa gearbox mount which bolts to the xe f20 gearbox and then on to the chassis .

. u use the rear corsa gearbox mount with gear box spacers which u should have in your conversion kit.

. u can use corsa gsi shafts with 1600 cav mk2 inners with gsi outers and hubs.

. alternator fitting kit i would get from vauxhall or a scrap yard along with cam cover and spark plug cover or even try ebay

. bottom pulley bolts would be a vauxhall dealer

hope this helps
Davidkent

26th Jun 09 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big*boy*rob
.u use the corsa charging loom the one with the battery terminals on.

. u use the corsa gearbox mount which bolts to the xe f20 gearbox and then on to the chassis .

. u use the rear corsa gearbox mount with gear box spacers which u should have in your conversion kit.

. u can use corsa gsi shafts with 1600 cav mk2 inners with gsi outers and hubs.

. alternator fitting kit i would get from vauxhall or a scrap yard along with cam cover and spark plug cover or even try ebay

. bottom pulley bolts would be a vauxhall dealer

hope this helps

Bottom pulleys bolts I now have and fitted.

Made my own custom alternator bracket and just bought a shorter fan belt

Gearbox mount fitted ready to go and sorted.

I have a charging Loom, but its from an 8v and seems totally different - Could i use it to make my own up to make it fit? - I can't figure out what terminal goes on what though? lol... I need some wiring guides I think... - This charging loom doesn't plug into the engine loom, and the wires are a different colour...

The engine loom I have - I can't get my head around - Nothing seems to fit in the right places - There's connectors all over the shot - I think i need a guide to this aswell if anyone has one? lol

Shafts and Hubs may be sorted yet - May have bought some...

Got the rear gearbox mount and all linkages - Some people need spacers, others don't so i might cross that bridge when i come to it tbh...

This is turning out to be a pain in the backside tbh - I've never come across problems like this before!
Davidkent

28th Jun 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right - I've made some progress, and actually got the engine in the car - I wanted to feel i was actually getting somewhere..

Basically - I'm doing ok now, I have enough to keep me going a day or so while i find more to do...

Anyway - What are all the tiny little hoses inbetween the inlet manifold and the Block for, and where do they lead?

Same for the little metal pipe coming from the top of the FPR (Think thats what it is on the Fuel Rail), and next to the fuel rail on the inlet there's another 10mm or so thick pipe i'm not sure where it goes...

Also, the Fuel lines from the car don't fit the fuel rail..

There's another similar looking thing on the front of the fuel rail, thats almost like a tyre valve - Do i need anything on here?

Also, on the bottom of the Inlet Manifold there's another thing that looks like what the fuel lines screw onto..
Whats the deal with this?

I also have the ICV plugged in, but no idea how it fits or where it goes?!

I think thats all the questions for a moment, but there'll probably be more - The more i get answered the better really

I'm off to the scrappy tomorrow as there's a nice cavvy i'm hoping to strip a load of bits off, so i can get the reverse sensor, Transducer for the speedo and a whole load of hoses and stuff...

Any help much appreciated!
Cheers
john_c20xe

28th Jun 09 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Davidkent
Right - I've made some progress, and actually got the engine in the car - I wanted to feel i was actually getting somewhere..

Basically - I'm doing ok now, I have enough to keep me going a day or so while i find more to do...

Anyway - What are all the tiny little hoses inbetween the inlet manifold and the Block for, and where do they lead? NEED PICS MATE???

Same for the little metal pipe coming from the top of the FPR (Think thats what it is on the Fuel Rail), THIS NEEDS TO ME CONNECTED TO VACUUM!

and next to the fuel rail on the inlet there's another 10mm or so thick pipe i'm not sure where it goes... AGAIN NEED PICS??

Also, the Fuel lines from the car don't fit the fuel rail.. THE 17MM AND 19MM CONNECTERS???

There's another similar looking thing on the front of the fuel rail, thats almost like a tyre valve - Do i need anything on here? A DUSTCAP, THATS THE FUEL PRESSURE VALVE

Also, on the bottom of the Inlet Manifold there's another thing that looks like what the fuel lines screw onto..
Whats the deal with this? PROBLY THE MAIN BRAKE SERVO VACUUM HOSE IF YOU MEAN THE THROTTEL BODY

I also have the ICV plugged in, but no idea how it fits or where it goes?!
SHOULD HAVE A HOSE COMING OFF IT AND GOING INTO THE THROTTEL BODY/ POWERCAP, AND THE ICV ITS SELF NEEDS TO BE SITTING UNDER THE INLET MANIFOLD! WILL PROBLY NEED THE ENGINE OUT TODO THIS!

I think thats all the questions for a moment, but there'll probably be more - The more i get answered the better really

I'm off to the scrappy tomorrow as there's a nice cavvy i'm hoping to strip a load of bits off, so i can get the reverse sensor, Transducer for the speedo and a whole load of hoses and stuff...

BEST THING TODO IS WHEN YOU GO SCRAPPY TAKE LOADS OF PICS OF A COMPLETE UNDER BONNET ENGINE SO YOU CAN WORK FROM IT!!

Any help much appreciated!
Cheers
Davidkent

28th Jun 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good shout matey - Will do tomorrow
Cheers
john_c20xe

28th Jun 09 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may help you a bit

[Edited on 28-06-2009 by john_c20xe]
Ste
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 01:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine number can be found here

You may need to get the wire brush on it to make it clearer

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Davidkent

29th Jun 09 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys

Will crack the wire brush out later me thinks

New Poll