corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Legal advice - sold as seen...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Legal advice - sold as seen...
LukeS

User status: Offline
26th Jun 09 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andrew

26th Jun 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
The seller must have know there were issues with the car prior to selling.

If the seller is being unreasonable at this stage then i'd get a few big mates together and pay him a little visit. They don't need to be violent, just need to be there and look scary.

Andrew i think it must be a Liverpool thing mate no-one is buying the bully boy tactics

FFS there are some pansys on here.

or maybe everyone else is a bit more civilised and or bothers to check there purchases over properly

I don't find civillised purchasing a car and then having to have the engine rebuilt. I'd want the price off the car or it goes back..

I'm tight when it comes to money

Lets not bring this to a slanging match!!
John

26th Jun 09 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andrew, you wouldn't really go to anybodys door with your big mates, you get bullied off the kids in your street.
Eck
Premium Member

26th Jun 09 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
The seller must have know there were issues with the car prior to selling.

If the seller is being unreasonable at this stage then i'd get a few big mates together and pay him a little visit. They don't need to be violent, just need to be there and look scary.

Andrew i think it must be a Liverpool thing mate no-one is buying the bully boy tactics

FFS there are some pansys on here.

Or they'd rather not get shafted by the local bobello's I'd be phoning him up to get some answers, but he has no obligation at all to give money back. Hard lines btw mate
bigboykarl

28th Jun 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will only be able to claim against a private seller for one of the following reasons:

the vehicle doesn't match the description they gave you
the seller broke a specific contract term
the seller was actually a dealer posing as a private seller
the seller did not have good title to the vehicle
the vehicle is unroadworthy....
i'd print the piston heads ad ...and where it says good condition inside and out against the advice above taken from the citizens advice website and go and show him....tell him you'll keep the car if he covers half of the £700 repair bill....you get £350 ..pay your mate £300 and have a tank of juice
liamC

28th Jun 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Andrew, you wouldn't really go to anybodys door with your big mates, you get bullied off the kids in your street.

cunningham

28th Jun 09 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happend to me all be it with a old cav the head was porous and the guy obviously knew about it as i checked the water when i was there found radweld he mentioned there was a slight leak in radiator but all fine now

when my mate came to see it he gave it another going over and found oil in the water withing 2 days of buying it
Ryan

28th Jun 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'sold as seen' is gay because people can say that they didnt see it etc.

'sold as is' is what i always say.
K2NY-G

29th Jun 09 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest a Type R with 50k and one owner going for £4800... Alarm bells should of been ringing from the start that something might be up with it.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Legal advice - sold as seen... 23 database queries in 0.0088799 seconds