corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » 1 month to go - Diet Change

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1 month to go - Diet Change
strick206

User status: Offline
29th Jun 09 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right having started looking after what i eat, and going to the gym (admittantly not as much as i should) i have lost a stone over about 4 months.

Got another month to go until my holiday, what advice do you have on a last month of heavy training/dieting to help me get to the shape i want to be in on holiday

I understand you should drop carbs altogether, or to a very low amount, what other things are there?
Jamie

29th Jun 09 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats your current diet / routine and how much you looking to lose?
strick206

29th Jun 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Current diet is something like

Breakfast: Cereal (Bran Flakes, Wheaatabix, Frosties if the others have ran out)

11:30 ish - Sandwich, normally chicken or tuna, on wholemeal bread if i make my own, on brown bread if i buy from asda

20 ish - PHD Pharma Whey protein shake, sometimes with a banana

5:30-60 - main meal, normally some form of chicken, or pork steak, sometimes fillet steak, with brocolli, chips

I know cutting the chips out is one start, havent bothered atm because mum makes my tea and it's unfair to leave what she makes,

I also should go to the gym alot more often, i do some stuff at home but nothing like going the gym

Looking to lose another half stone i guess, just the fat i still have on my body, i know you can't just lose fat on one area, but if i'm committed to going to the gym i could lose it from all areas i think?
Paul_J

29th Jun 09 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

--- not a healthy diet, but will shift weight ---

Wake up, have a few slices of cheese, a few bits of chicken breast.

lunch - few slices of cheese and a handful of peanuts.

dinner - chicken breast (no breadcrumbs or anything), green beans.

sugar free jelly for pudding.

It's important that you don't 'starve' yourself... so if you ever feel hungry, make sure you eat ... but only eat things without carbs, so stuff your face with more protein.

Watch what you drink... water or sugar free pepsi only.

- with that + exercise, you can lose anywhere from 5-14 pounds in a week.

I've lost 18 pounds in 2 weeks doing the above. Worst bit is it's dull as fuck... and if you 'accidently' eat carbs without realising (for example, milk, sauce, carrots, etc) - then it won't work at all...

^^ note, not healthy...
Paul_J

29th Jun 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ oh yeah you also may lose muscle mass too with the above...

once again it's pretty shit. Unless your only goal is losing 'weight'.
J4M13

29th Jun 09 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like you on a Keto diet there Paul?

Iv found it really hard to stick to a non/low carb diet.
Paul_J

29th Jun 09 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J4M13
sounds like you on a Keto diet there Paul?

Iv found it really hard to stick to a non/low carb diet.

i'm not on any diet at the mo...

Changing tactics ... the problem with the above is you lose all your muscle at the same time as fat. So you don't end up with a good body anyway.

- I'm now concentrating on gaining as much muscle as possible... then when I'm satisified, will be cutting in a more 'normal way' - i.e. just eating healthy and doing cardio.

however, if someone really wanted to / needed to 'lose' weight fast - that's the way above. However, as you say - it's hard to stick to due to boredom and most people cock it up taking too many carbs (without realising) and then it doesn't work.
J4M13

29th Jun 09 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate dieting, i made really good gains whilst seriously training but shifting the excess fat afterwards with diet is the hardest part
Xs

30th Jun 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you eat chips every night if you're trying to lose weight? Cant you ask your mum to make something else to accompany your meal?
Cosmo

30th Jun 09 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More to the point you're something like 22/23 arent you? WTF is your mum still cooking your tea every night for?
strick206

30th Jun 09 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't eat them every night, i work full time, my dad works full time, and my mum doesn't need to work so the tea is cooked for us when we get in.

It's ignorant to say i don't want them once they've been made

Have them probably about twice a week i think.
Cosmo

30th Jun 09 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should just say now that you're losing weight as a heffer so can she please just give you some rabbit food instead of chips.
strick206

30th Jun 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, i do whenever i remember to ask for rabbit food, just busy with work atm and forget

12 hour shifts
DizzyRebel

1st Jul 09 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you have made some progress. diet is much cleaner than before!

I suggest to shed another 7-8lbs before you go on holiday you do the following:

Dedicate yourself to your diet, fuck everything else you need to get it bang on every day yo get it to work.

Drop all carbs, no bread, no potatoes, no rice or pasta, no cereals etc.

In replacement of them eat protein and fat, and i know you hate anything green so heres the deal:

Breakfast: 4 whole eggs scrambled or omlette with low fat cheese. A big handful of almonds, brazilnuts or any mixed nuts really:

10am: 200g of chicken (2 cooked breasts should do it) with 6 fish oil tablets (holland and barret cheapest)

12 noon: one can of tuna, handfull of nuts

2pm: 200g chicken and another serving of fish oil tabs

4pm: protein shake

6pm: afternoon dinner, if your mum makes chips, throw them away. Sounds harsh but your a big boy now and you dont have to eat what mummy tells you to lol.

8pm, chcocolate protein shake mixed with 200g cottage cheese and 2 large tsp peanut butterin a blender and ice... tastes like chcoclate peanut butter and icecream.

This diet should slip you into ketosis, on weekends eat 300g of carbs a day for 2 days to 'carb up again' then return to normal diet.
Paul_J

1st Jul 09 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck me thats a lot of food dizzy

DizzyRebel

2nd Jul 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People dont understand that the more you eat the more weight you loose (assuming you eat the right things) The quantities arent that much really either, it just looks a lot on paper lol.
John

2nd Jul 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's not really true.

I could eat too much of the right things and not lose weight, or eat enough of the right things that it maintained my weight.
DizzyRebel

2nd Jul 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Within reason ofcourse. 4 whole chickens, 5 steaks, 12 eggs half a tub of peanut butter and loads of cottage cheese if you are a none trainer wont do your figure any good.

However people seem to think the nbest thing to do when loose wight is skip meals and cut down on food intake when its the exact opposite. If you eat less and miss meals your metabolism swithes its energy saving light bulbs on and stores food as fat instead of using it up right away. the secret is to eat often and eat lots of protein at every meal as for every 100 calories of protein you eat it takes your body 20 calories to digest it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » 1 month to go - Diet Change 24 database queries in 0.0132980 seconds