corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » RGIT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RGIT
Boycey

User status: Offline
12th Jul 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing mine tomorrow. I'm sure there's a few people that work offshore on here. I've been told about the helicopter survival but I'm not sure what to expect for the fire fighting training and first aid etc Any info would be good cheers
K3 VMU

12th Jul 09 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ve done mine twice, is it on your own back you are doin it or company paying? my old company paid for my 1st one which was the 3 day course,my new company paid for my current one which was 5 days for the norwegian sector, no extra practical jus paperwork.

the first aid training is basic, jus put team mate in recovery position and give chest compressions to a doll

fire fighting is quite goo, get to put out barrels that are on fire with a fire extinguisher,then you all go into a container filled with nightclub smoke and you have to go round the container,doing a stupid hand and feet movement so you can feel for stuuf on the walls, and shout when you get to corner.

anyhing else?
Boycey

12th Jul 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool mate cheers! My company is paying for it. It's the 3 day one that I'm doing in Aberdeen. So is the whole thing easy enough aye? Who is it that you work for mate?
K3 VMU

12th Jul 09 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which place in aberdeen? i ve done mine at petrofac training and at falck nutec. i m a subsea technician, what are you ?
Boycey

12th Jul 09 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's at Petrofac mate. I'm an electrical service engineer for Varco.
Eck
Premium Member

13th Jul 09 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you forgotten that my dad has done several RGIT tests? And all at Petrofac
Boycey

13th Jul 09 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not seen him in ages so never had an opportunity to ask him about it
AK

14th Jul 09 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done 3 or 4 now...

at RGIT and Falc

Used to be better - i.e more action and 'real life'

First one they'd have the chopper fully loaded with folk in inner seats whilst doing the dive and roll. Last time at Falc it was just folk by the exits.

First fire fighting one i did was real fire and smoke in a container. Burnt my bloody lugs. Last oe at Falc was just as they described above.... no heat, just darkness. You cant take it seriously

[Edited on 14-07-2009 by AK]
Leighton

14th Jul 09 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AK do you have STCW 95 ?
Ellis

14th Jul 09 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine will be soon, passed the offshore medical last week.

Is it scary?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » RGIT 23 database queries in 0.0115261 seconds