corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The ' I Hope Khan gets knocked the f**k out' thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The ' I Hope Khan gets knocked the f**k out' thread
Ben J

User status: Offline
19th Jul 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I met Freddy Roach this morning.
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Jul 09 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I decided last minute to pay for this last night, and so glad I did!

Seeing Maccarinelli and his mashed up face in HD was a treat, but the Khan fight was really good too.

Really tidy all the way through, retaliated well to any knocks he took which really threw off his opponents gameplan.

He's got the conditioning to stay quick for 12 rounds, he had control from start to finish with his jab - and when it got messy up close, he took one or two solid shots without getting hurt.

If someone suggested Hatton/Khan to me 6 months ago - I'd have laughed in their face, and Khan would have got killed. Now I'm not too sure, Hatton just seems to be a slow lumbering moron now - I think Khans fitness and speed will make a mess of him.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Jul 09 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and at chubby prince, what a mess!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Adge

19th Jul 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so did kahn take any punches? or was it 1 way traffic
Marc

19th Jul 09 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took a few, especially in the last 2 rounds. Too late by then.

Can't believe Kotelnik was holding his arms up like he had won.
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Jul 09 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adge
so did kahn take any punches? or was it 1 way traffic

Yeah he took a few - mainly when it got a bit messy on the inside. Khan did a great job at jabbing and keeping range, but occasionally Kotelnik bullied his way inside (every time taking more damage than he could dish out).

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
scottl

22nd Jul 09 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wonder who will be hand picked to fight him next.
Wrighty

22nd Jul 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prescott re-match would be my favorite but he lost last week. Sky rekon Dmitriy Salita is WBA's number 1 contender.

Junior witter is fighting for the WBC light-welterweight title, possibly him? orr..

Juan Urango?
Tim Bradley?
Ricky Hatton?

Theres quite a few possibilitys if he stays at light-welterweight
strick206

22nd Jul 09 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasted my money watching that khan fight the other night.

The guy is massively over-rated, and will be shown up for what he is as soon as he fights a real champion he will get knocked out again

Wrighty who has he fought yet?

At what point did khan look like he had hurt kotelnik in that fight, never, it was the biggest certainty to end with a khan win on points i've ever seen

Granted, khan is very very fast and very skillful, but his punches imo look weak, and he will get shown up

Wrighty

22nd Jul 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
The guy is massively over-rated, and will be shown up for what he is as soon as he fights a real champion he will get knocked out again

erm, did he or did he not take that belt from a champion?
strick206

22nd Jul 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
quote:
Originally posted by strick206

erm, did he or did he not take that belt from a champion?

Yes, but he was a very weak champion, and was very will picked by his promoters to go against him and not the other champs in the divison

Like i said, i am not a fan of khan, he is over-rated imo, he just has a lot of speed, unfortunately i think he punches so fast that he isnt connecting as hard as he could do.

Once he fights another person with a strong punch, and talent, not somebody who is past his best.

I honestly don't believe he would have stopped berrera (sp) had there not been a clash of heads, although i accept he'd have won on points. But had he been fighting the barrera in his prime he's have got beaten imo
Wrighty

22nd Jul 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes still in his early years though you gotta remember that, that was only his 2nd 12 round bout the guys got so much further to go yet

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The ' I Hope Khan gets knocked the f**k out' thread 25 database queries in 0.0110219 seconds