corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Payday blues

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Payday blues
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Jul 09 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going by the dates you posted I would have said they changed their pay date to the 20th, but seeing as you said you've not been paid at all this month, that puts that theory out the window possibly!

If I were you I'd phone up (not email) whoever deals with your company's payroll ASAP.
Ellis

24th Jul 09 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Ok

Who does he work for?

Theres a month long shutdown starting soon. Im not back until the 13th.

Winder by trade, if you see a boy that looks like a monkey working near electric motors - that's him!
RichR
Premium Member

24th Jul 09 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we're technically paid on the last day of the month; however to fit in with banking etc we're always paid on the last Friday of the month; that varies anywhere between the 24th and the 31st depending on the month and how it falls. Sometimes there's almost 5 weeks between pay days; sometimes less but all depends on the no. of days in the month and when the Friday falls. However, they do stick to it religously and the money always goes in on the very last Friday month in month out
Tom

24th Jul 09 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for a small company, it's whenver one of the comfortable owners gets round to it, some of them don't seem to realise some of us are waiting for pay day eagerly for the last few days they take the piss quite a lot but seem to have settled on the 24/25th depending on weekend, I will get paid today at soem point hopefully
A2H GO

24th Jul 09 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Is there any legal thing, a law I guess which states your pay day must be stable (i.e. same date each month) or are employers free to pay you as randomly as they see fit

For example, I used to get paid on 15th every month......for almost 2 years. Now they've changed it & only said 'it will be later in the month'.

Last 2 pay days -

May - Wednesday 20th.
June - Monday 22nd.

July - Still not been paid.

I know some places pay on the last say Thursday in the month, so the actual day can change but this takes the piss!!

Am I right to phone up & ask wtf's going on if its not in by tomorrow??

Sounds like their having financial difficulites to me
RichR
Premium Member

24th Jul 09 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like they're restructuring the pay day to me; but rather than do it in one big leap from the middle to the end. They've staged it so gone from 15th - 22nd and are now going to the end of the month. Helps people to adjust to the new pay day easier
Ben G

24th Jul 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my money goes in every thursday every week, no mesing about there
Colin

24th Jul 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reply saying were paid 5 days before the end of the month but if we bank with HBOS it can be a few days early.
RichR
Premium Member

24th Jul 09 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you're paid by bacs I can't see how that's possible
Liam

24th Jul 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Seany

24th Jul 09 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

Cavey

24th Jul 09 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Place i used to work, payment was put through on the thursday, went into some accounts at midnight friday, some at 4am sat morning, and some of us (me ) on monday mornings. So is different processing times for different banks sometimes

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Payday blues 23 database queries in 0.3358681 seconds