corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dogs

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dogs
stubs

User status: Offline
30th Jul 09 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Its turned up!

Turns out he didnt get far (as I guessed) and was in someones garden lying down about 200m down the road from her house.

The woman checked his collar and rang her house, but she was out picking her son up from nursery so never answered. Instead of walking him round the short distance, or leaving an answerphone message she rang the dog warden who came and picked him up. This was all BEFORE I even turned up to look for him

Why the fuck she or the dog warden couldnt bring him round, or at least give her a ring to say he was found and where he was I dont know - silly bint

Why should the silly bint walk the dog round? It's not her responsibility. I would have done the same thing if no-one answered the phone. Granted though, the dog warden should have left a message.

And I'd say the dog isn't stupid... more like you are for spending 4.5 hours looking for it
mwg

30th Jul 09 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

boring
mwg

30th Jul 09 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You harsh shit. I'd of taken it in and just waited till someone was at home! Not much of a hardship is it.

Unless it was a rabid ridden beast of course
Cosmo

30th Jul 09 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubs
Why should the silly bint walk the dog round? It's not her responsibility. I would have done the same thing if no-one answered the phone. Granted though, the dog warden should have left a message.

And I'd say the dog isn't stupid... more like you are for spending 4.5 hours looking for it

No, Im not having a go at her for not walking him round, she could be an old woman or something. Its more the face she never left a message saying she had found him, which I would say is the polite thing to do.

And how was looking for him when you have no idea where it is stupid?
richc

30th Jul 09 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the dog fat?
Cosmo

30th Jul 09 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really, just a lazy fucker.
stubs

30th Jul 09 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It's only a dog.. leave it to come back on it's own, why waste your time looking for it? They're not so stupid, so they will know where to come back to when it wants feeding.
Cosmo

30th Jul 09 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubs
quote:

It's only a dog.. leave it to come back on it's own, why waste your time looking for it? They're not so stupid, so they will know where to come back to when it wants feeding.

Do you want to explain that to a 4yr old?

Plus tbh Id rather spend a few hours walking about rather than run the risk of it being hit by a car.
stubs

30th Jul 09 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I buried my 4 yr old nephew's cat 3 weeks ago with him watching me.. they get over it pretty quick. Honesty is the best policy when it comes to kids IMO, helps them understand and accept life and loosing life.
mwg

30th Jul 09 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one cares about cats though. They spend all their life plotting how they are going to kill you
John

30th Jul 09 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A kid wouldn't get over a dog as quick, dogs are normally like an extra brother or sister in the family, cats are like having a pet rat.
noshua

30th Jul 09 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
No one cares about cats though. They spend all their life plotting how they are going to kill you

Cosmo

30th Jul 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
A kid wouldn't get over a dog as quick, dogs are normally like an extra brother or sister in the family, cats are like having a pet rat.

Exactly.
stubs

30th Jul 09 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'd say that's more down to the upbringing of the kid. My nephew was just as cut up about the cat as he was when my dog died, but after a few day's after both, he'd moved on.
John

30th Jul 09 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That wasn't his dog.

I don't dislike other people dogs, even ones in the family, I wouldn't be anywhere near as cut up as if something happened to my own dog though.
Cosmo

30th Jul 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id expect any kid, especially one when they are only 4 and not in any sort of mental state to really understand death, to be cut up when any sort of pet they have known their whole life dies.

Other than cats and goldfish.
ed

30th Jul 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Dogs only run away if they arent happy IMHO..
Our one that ran away is just a spastic. You take it for a walk without the lead and when you want to take it home you just pick it up and turn it in the opposite direction and it will go home.
stubs

30th Jul 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That wasn't his dog.

I don't dislike other people dogs, even ones in the family, I wouldn't be anywhere near as cut up as if something happened to my own dog though.

He's round every weekend and they used to take the dog to theirs to stay over during the week because he was so attached.. I'd say he probably considered it to be his

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dogs 23 database queries in 0.0132730 seconds