corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » hatred

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hatred
jibjob

User status: Offline
   30th Jul 09 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know everyone is going on about how everyone is lucky to have a job at the moment and i do realise that but its got to the point where i go on a break at work and just feel like getting in my car and going home. It just seems everything about my job is so poor that the ony reason im doing it is because i cant afford to quit.

Bad things about my job:

I can finish work at 10pm one day then have to be back in work for 5.45am the next. If i dont do it i dont get paid.

Im on just above minimum wage

I have to work on my own all shift the only time i see anyone is when they cover my break and sometimes i dont even get a break.

I get abuse off customers pretty much every shift.

The work rota is meant to be done 2weeks in advance but its lucky if its done a day before its due to start and then its only a week long rota so i can never plan anything as i dont know when im going to be in work.

Im expected to do a million times more than what is actually stated in my contract and when you do the extra you get nothing for it not even a thanks yet when you dont you get meetings with bosses.

Youre not allowed your mobile or any sort of money inc cards on you and if you bring them to work they have to get locked in a safe.

Its one rule for staff and a different one for the bosses.

Good points:

I get paid weekly.

The people i do work with occasionally i get on really well with.

I dont know what to do! i cant quit but i hate working there so much.

I know ill probably get told to man up and just get on with it but ive been there 2 years and out of every job ive had this one is by far the most stressful one.

Any help that doesnt involve been told to look for a new job or to man up is much appreciated as ive tried both
MJFF88

30th Jul 09 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do you work?
mattio

30th Jul 09 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a money depot
jibjob

30th Jul 09 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Motorway services. M6 Sandbach. Anyone feel free to pop in for a brew anytime give me something to do
noshua

30th Jul 09 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds pretty rough, have you tried having a word with one of the bosses about the rota? they'll know it pisses people off but won't do anything about it unless someone says (then again they still probably won't do anything about it).

I have to work on my own all shift the only time i see anyone is when they cover my break and sometimes i dont even get a break.

???
jibjob

30th Jul 09 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye ive tried talking to them, writing letters and ive even put an official complaint in and they do something about it for a week and then just go back to how it was. Theres no real law though about half of the problems so theres no real way i can complain.

Ye 99.9% of times i am on my own but for maybe the 15mins at the beginning and end of my shift when i swap over with another person i get a quick chat. Occasionally and i mean occasionally i do get to work with someone else for a shift but thats maybe once every couple of months.
Anty
Premium Member

30th Jul 09 at 01:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon there should be a cs meeting were he works daily
jibjob

30th Jul 09 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes please that would make my day actually having an interesting conversation rather than "pump number... thats £.... would you like a VAT receipt? thanks bye"
Jenko_Sport

30th Jul 09 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You not offering the weekly/monthly deals?

Spotted you on lymekill bank the other week
jibjob

30th Jul 09 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont do offering deals my way of thinking is if someone wanted two kit kat chunky duos for £1.30 they would have picked up two lol

What car were you in? saw you parked up at festival park a coupe of weeks ago but havent seen your car around in a while
Jenko_Sport

30th Jul 09 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was either in my wide arch, actually think i was in my gf's kawasaki green fiesta zetec s
jibjob

30th Jul 09 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhhh ye i remember seeing that! My other/better half is obsessed with Zetec S's and ST's so spotted it a mile away
Jenko_Sport

30th Jul 09 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spotted my old wheel's first and then recognised your reg.
gtitim

30th Jul 09 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
I know everyone is going on about how everyone is lucky to have a job at the moment and i do realise that but its got to the point where i go on a break at work and just feel like getting in my car and going home. It just seems everything about my job is so poor that the ony reason im doing it is because i cant afford to quit.

Bad things about my job:

I can finish work at 10pm one day then have to be back in work for 5.45am the next. If i dont do it i dont get paid -

You need to quote Working Times Directives - do some research - means you should have 11 hours between shifts or at least 90hrs rest a week. Work out what you are getting and see if its enough, if not, get HR involved, and not just at the services level - at HQ

Im on just above minimum wage -

Wages - not alot you can do. As you have said, right now be glad to be working.

Breaks - entitled to a 15 min every 4hrs, can be pushed to 6hrs in emergencies. If not getting, tell bosses you will be closing the shop for 15 mins.

I get abuse off customers pretty much every shift. - Rise above it, unless it is because of your attitude in which case sort it out.

The work rota is meant to be done 2weeks in advance but its lucky if its done a day before its due to start and then its only a week long rota so i can never plan anything as i dont know when im going to be in work.

Rota - put in writing (again) that you require your shifts to be published in advance - state you are unable to have any quality of life, unfair work/life balance, unable to plan annual leave etc if shifts are not published at least two weeks ahead.

Im expected to do a million times more than what is actually stated in my contract and when you do the extra you get nothing for it not even a thanks yet when you dont you get meetings with bosses.

Sounds like every job out there. Guarantee mine is worse!!!

Youre not allowed your mobile or any sort of money inc cards on you and if you bring them to work they have to get locked in a safe.

Cash etc - why would you need cash with you??

Mobile phones - most people who work in retail jobs cant have a phone with them - just give mates etc the landline if its that necessary. I dont use my phone at work unless I cannot get a signal on my radio and its urgent.

Its one rule for staff and a different one for the bosses. - thats life mate. Every job, every company - thats why they are bosses.

Good points:

I get paid weekly.

I dont know what to do! i cant quit but i hate working there so much.

I know ill probably get told to man up and just get on with it but ive been there 2 years and out of every job ive had this one is by far the most stressful one.

Any help that doesnt involve been told to look for a new job or to man up is much appreciated as ive tried both
[/quote

As i have said - put these issues in writing to your line manager, cc HR into the letter and send them a copy. Point out that if these issues are not investigated and addressed then you will be submitting a formal grievance - ask for a copy of grievance policy. If you are in a union - speak with them. If not - see if you can join one.
M2RTY

30th Jul 09 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure by law you are allowed 11 hours between shirts
M2RTY

30th Jul 09 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was right....

http://www.smallbusiness.co.uk/channels/legal-advice/q-and-a/23066/what-is-the-legal-number-of-hours-between-shifts.thtml
pow
Premium Member

30th Jul 09 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell, every petrol station I go at normally has a *ahem* person jabbering away at his mate on the phone in their own language while they take you payment.

As said, letter, CC to HR dept, get in contact with head office (BP, Shell?) and greviance period

[Edited on 30-07-2009 by pow]
MJFF88

30th Jul 09 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
Motorway services. M6 Sandbach. Anyone feel free to pop in for a brew anytime give me something to do

I'm there regularly

I can relate to your anger 100% though, no point giving in at the moment though. Just weather the storm
Conway563

30th Jul 09 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
i was right....

http://www.smallbusiness.co.uk/channels/legal-advice/q-and-a/23066/what-is-the-legal-number-of-hours-between-shifts.thtml

Unless when signing your contract you signed to opt out of this. I did it when I used to work a pub which meant I might finish 3.30am one night and then be back in at 9am
jibjob

31st Jul 09 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye ive tried all this writing letters and it gets me nowhere. The thing is i work for Esso but im employed by Roadchef and no matter who i write to at Roadchef they just dont want to know. Ive put in several formal greivances (sp) but they just end up with it being sorted for a week but then it goes back to how it was.

I need a copy of my contract to see whether i opted out of the Working Time Regulations as this is the main thing that annoys me.

They stopped listening to the union last year so now i have no formal organisation that i can go to as i was part of the union but no its all pointless.

Ye most garages there are atleast 2 or 3 people on each shift -- one or two serving and one cleaning and stock refilling. But with just one person per shift im still meant to do all that work by myself. Im not blowing my own trumpet but i work stupidly hard for a company that just stabs you in the back and thats the worst thing about it. If i dont do the work though i lose my job so im stuck!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » hatred 23 database queries in 0.1221449 seconds