corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe help
dale87

User status: Offline
25th Jul 09 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car has been fine for ages now but had a problem start which is getting worse so wondered if anyone else has experienced what I am.

When accelerating the car jumps as if im opening and closing the accelerator really quickly or pumping the clutch like mad. It's really bad in 1st and 2nd and the more I put the pedal down the more it does it but in 3rd,4th,5th it will only do it high up the rev range? Also if I let the car idle in neutral and snap the throttle open its fine its only jerky under load? Any Ideas?
Kevxx

26th Jul 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds a bit like an airproblem, checked your hoses etc?
dale87

26th Jul 09 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep checked all hoses for air leaks, changed plugs and leads too as they wern't in the best condition. The problem seems to be with the fuelling, I seem only to be able to give it full throttle when the revs are rising slowly (low speeds in high gears)
Kevxx

26th Jul 09 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a valve you can check to see if you're fuel is getting through correctly, you just press it in for a few seconds, is you're throttle cable dirty at all? Changed fuel filter?
Could be the pump, my mates 106 had similar symptoms when his pump was going.
dale87

2nd Aug 09 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had the car on a mates diagnostics machine and it came back with 3 faults;

66 - Idle co potentionometer voltage high
73 - Mass air flow low voltage
94 - Phase sensor voltage high

I also found out on the diagnostics that the coolant temp sensor was reading 110 deg although the dash was reading 95deg I'm thinking that could well be my problem.

[Edited on 02-08-2009 by dale87]
gsiwannabe

2nd Aug 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello there mate. i had the same problem on my xe corsa. and it was the throttle position sensor on the side of the throttle body. normaly 3 pin plug n others can be 6 pin plug. to check if its that unplug it and take it for a drive.
dale87

2nd Aug 09 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Checked all the sensors one by one (afm,tps,o2,crank,dizzy) by unplugging them and the car runs exactly the same. The only one which I can't test in this way is the CTS as the car won't start if that isn't plugged. Going to give that a try first I think.
dale87

3rd Aug 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i've found the problem, there is a split in the rubber fuel pipe that is crimped on the blue fuel line and goes to the inlet on the fuel rail. Just thought i'd let you all know for future reference.

New Poll