corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » renting a low loader

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author renting a low loader
nick_sri

User status: Offline
5th Aug 09 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems as though after some reasearch i cant tow a car with no tax or insurance on the road , fucking joke i would but 80 miles is abit much without gettin stopped. .

got to rent a low loader or find someone who will fetch it , anyone have or know someone who would get it for me if i pay them

cheers
Ste
Premium Member

6th Aug 09 at 00:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hire a trailer, they are about £25 a day. Get a mate with a towbar to help out.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Aug 09 at 01:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem with paying someone to drive a low loader for you is that you need an operators licence and proper insurance for carrying that type of load. That is why you won't generally see them for rental in van hire places.

There was a thread on Pistonheads about it a while back when someone was talking about buying one for his track day car and doing a few odd jobs to pay for it and the consensus was that he would be incorrectly licensed and that VOSA may even want to seize it if it was used for reward.

So this only leaves recovery garages and that type of place who are going to want mega money for it.

Where are you going from/to and what car is it?
Ste
Premium Member

6th Aug 09 at 04:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is why you see a lot of motorsport transporters with "Not for hire or reward" written on them somewhere.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
nick_sri

6th Aug 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i buy the car would be going from northampton to crewe , looks to be around 100miles . ill look into the trailer . thanks o and its a corsa

[Edited on 06-08-2009 by nick_sri]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » renting a low loader 25 database queries in 0.0106950 seconds