corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Little Boy dropped 64 years ago, today.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Little Boy dropped 64 years ago, today.
Ojc

User status: Offline
7th Aug 09 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
i didnt think anyone could stay in Hiroshima because there is still radiation? or is that just the area where the bomb was dropped?

The radiation was bad, but not that bad. I'm sure little boy was an airburst weapon so the radation wasn't as high level as if had gone off on ground level.
Ojc

7th Aug 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
as in blow up army bases/ factories, not houses.

They tried that, carpet bombing of Japan was happening day and night by B29's and the Japs weren't planning on giving him.
ryzer

7th Aug 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
as in blow up army bases/ factories, not houses.

this wouldnt have stopped them their soldiers were completely fanatical, i mean look how many people died in the blitz, its just part of war, they didnt have the guided weapons we have now,

but that Tsar bomb was 10x the size of EVERYTHING that was dropped in WW2, including little boy and fat man! holy moly
sand-eel

7th Aug 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suppose actually, if it did come to land combat we probably would have lost, since they have "fight to the death" mentality.
Ojc

7th Aug 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The war would have dragged on until 1947/48 and would still be barely at a conclusion.

If war in Japan had dragged on any longer especially as the Russians were digging their heals in, in Germany you can bet that the Russians would have decided to side with the Japs in the end.
Daimo B

7th Aug 09 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
suppose actually, if it did come to land combat we probably would have lost, since they have "fight to the death" mentality.

Cough, Americans

Ground warefare

cough cough....

Vietnam.......

They aint no good at it thats why. Thats why its OUR troops doing the patrolling in Afganistan. And the Americans fly the planes, and kill us too...

All the gear and no idea springs to mind tbh....
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Aug 09 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by willay
I think i heard/read somewhere that apparently the pilots were not aware of what they were dropping, the pilots were also trained in how to arm it because they had to do it whilst in flight, apparently because the plain that drop the bomb had a history of blowing up on take off and they couldnt risk that

The planes were so high/cold when they were arming the bomb their hands were blistered to fuck and bleeding everywhere, cool stuff.

Heard any of this Ollie?

Na they knew what they were dropping but it was very secretative. The only issue they had was that the B29 had never been tested with a nuclear weapon onboard with the extra weight of that they thought it might not get off the ground.

B29's are pressurised so aren't exposed to the elements like all the previous high level bombers of WW2 so they shouldn't suffer from frost bite or anything like that.

[Edited on 07-08-2009 by Ojc]

Oh right! that was all on a BBC programme I think!
Colin

7th Aug 09 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I often wonder what would happen if something like WWI/II happened again in present time.

I recon we would be easy pickings mainly due to the current culture of lazyness and the place being full of imigrants that would go underground instead of fighting for queen and country etc.

Either that or technology would mean it would all be settled at the touch of a nuclear trigger and everyone would be fucked!!?

Quite a scary thought tbh!!
Adam_B

7th Aug 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
the place being full of imigrants that would go underground instead of fighting for queen and country etc.

tbh id be with them, fuck trying to fight someone who is actually willing to die for their cause!
Colin

7th Aug 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But I think in those days the message was fight otherwise theres a high chance you'll die anyway when the nazi's arrive on brittish soil!!
sand-eel

7th Aug 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Cough, Americans

Ground warefare

cough cough....

Vietnam.......

They aint no good at it thats why. Thats why its OUR troops doing the patrolling in Afganistan. And the Americans fly the planes, and kill us too...

All the gear and no idea springs to mind tbh....

tru dat
Jambo

7th Aug 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the Japs where killing scores of Japs too, not just allies.

they did what had to be done.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Little Boy dropped 64 years ago, today. 23 database queries in 0.0113111 seconds