corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Steering wheel boss for airbag car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Steering wheel boss for airbag car
Lee H

User status: Offline
8th Aug 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought a Corsa GSi (should have an airbag) and it had had a non airbag wheel fitted and the cowling had been removed as it would no longer fit. The horn worked fine as did the indicator cancel.

Decided I need the cowling fitted and decided to use the Momo wheel and boss off my Nova. It fits on the splines but once it is bolted right up it can still be pushed in on the spring and I have no horn or indicator cancel as the steering wheel won't go on far enough?

What boss kit will I need and where from to fit the Momo and how come the non airbag Corsa wheel worked fine yet the Nova one won't?

Cheers
Lee H

10th Aug 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up
random dav
Premium Member

10th Aug 09 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The difference between the non-airbag and airbag bosses is the fact that it makes the airbag light function correctly. All I did was get a Momo non-airbag boss and removed the airbag shite and the airbag ligh bulb. I would buy a proper momo boss as the fit is far better than the cheaper ones. There should be some on ebay, I got mine from Demon Tweeks I think it was around 40 quid.
Hope that helps.

WRLFC !

Project cars
Lee H

10th Aug 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you not then have to change the plastic cowlings as well? My car doesn't have the airbag stuff either, someone must have removed it.

With the Nova boss the steering wheel won't go on far enough.
random dav
Premium Member

10th Aug 09 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't have to remove the cowling, everything fitted back as it should. The only thing I can think with your nova boss is that the place were the nut sits is too far away.

WRLFC !

Project cars

New Poll