corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » xe really annoying me now

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xe really annoying me now
scunnylad

User status: Offline
11th Aug 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite i thought i got my corsa xe up and running right but i took it out on the road and the engine warning light came on faintly and then it died. it wouldn't restart ias it had a flat battery . i got it home ant the alternator it charging at 14.7 volt and the battery is all ok got no bad cells and good state of health.
the only thing ive noticed is i dont have a battery warning light on the dash.... there is a buld in just wondered if this has anything to do with it and how do i wire 1 up ?
Richardhhha

11th Aug 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check your earths.. if the battery is good and the alternator is charging ok then thats what id check
scunnylad

11th Aug 09 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite update ive watched the charge in my battery go down to
8.4v while vehicle running ( it was chargine at 14.2 volt for well over 30 min) , i then stopped it and checked and had 12v battery voltage, i then tried to start and it struggled to slowly turn the engine over and voltage dropped to 2.4v
corsa120

11th Aug 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems as though something ent right, somat electrical is wrong battery/alternater etc etc cant think what it could be

ive got problems starting mine lol run great when you bump it up street, think its starter motor but who knows its as iff all power from ignition to starter is dead lol

[Edited on 11-08-2009 by corsa120]

New Poll