corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » SUBWOOFER

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SUBWOOFER
amyjdcorsa

User status: Offline
13th Aug 09 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got sub in car and its all wired up as it should be but theres one problem. when i take keys out of ignition sub makes a loud bass noise only way to stop it is to turn stereo back on. any ideas wot could be
Root

14th Aug 09 at 02:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same has happened with mine in the past, when I put my hazards on, the sub makes a bass sound with the hazards blinking. Havn't got a fucking clue though mate...SOMEHOW the amplifier picks up on these noises and reflects them in the subwoofer....how though? I havn't got a fucking clue, as long as you can blast noise out and deafen yourself within 5 years, who cares?
sampayne21

14th Aug 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure you havent run, the power cables and phono leads down the same route
3lfz

14th Aug 09 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interference with the cables.
Dan H

14th Aug 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does the same when i take my keys out, i think its just 'cos it takes a while for the power to be cut to the subs so it makes a thud. used to do the same when i had a switch in the circuit, nothing to worry about
Root

14th Aug 09 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --DannyH2k9--
mine does the same when i take my keys out, i think its just 'cos it takes a while for the power to be cut to the subs so it makes a thud. used to do the same when i had a switch in the circuit, nothing to worry about

mine does that too..but think about the logic behind it, how on earth does the amplifier pick up on the fact you've taken the key out of the ignition, it's just bizarre.
12vMatt

15th Aug 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
how on earth does the amplifier pick up on the fact you've taken the key out of the ignition, it's just bizarre.

the blue remote wire from the headunit sends a signal to the amp - once the ignition is off/stereo is off then the amp tuns off
Dan H

15th Aug 09 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah what 12vMatt said. one you take your key out of the ignition you are cutting the power to your amp, and there is always a delay of power reaching the amp, so the key will out of the ignition and then there will be the amp picking up that there is no more power goin to there and will switch off and make a thud noise. when ya have a switch for your amp in the car if ya switch it on there is a delay before the subs come on, there always is, its just 'cos of how long it takes to get the power from the battery and HU up to the amp.
Root

15th Aug 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah what 12vMatt said. one you take your key out of the ignition you are cutting the power to your amp, and there is always a delay of power reaching the amp, so the key will out of the ignition and then there will be the amp picking up that there is no more power goin to there and will switch off and make a thud noise. when ya have a switch for your amp in the car if ya switch it on there is a delay before the subs come on, there always is, its just 'cos of how long it takes to get the power from the battery and HU up to the amp.

ok ay then mr. smarty pants, what about when it thuds while my hazards are on? lol
craig8
Premium Member

15th Aug 09 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thumps, either when switching off or with the hazards are caused by the speaker cables being run next to power cables and causing interferance, its got nothing to do with how long it takes for the remote wire to show the cd player is off

E36 328
Dan H

15th Aug 09 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

ok ay then mr. smarty pants, what about when it thuds while my hazards are on? lol

could be some dodgey wiring behind the dash? whip out your centre console and have a look at the wires see if there is anything that looks dodgey? like wires cut and re-joined. must be cutting power through the hazzard wiring or something somehow. never had it happen to my car or any of my mates cars that i have wired up.

Craig8 the thud is nothing to do with interferance, intreferance with the subs/amps is a high pitched sound that is also called "alternator whine" (sp) we have it in my mates focus, took the who wiring out and re-wired the whole sound system and we still get it, even with all the little gadget things. interferance comes from when a power cable of some sort is near the RCA's /speaker cable, there wouldnt be a thudding sound.

i could be wrong but im 95% sure im right about it lol
Root

15th Aug 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's nowt to do with the wiring being chopped or owt as it's all fine
craig8
Premium Member

15th Aug 09 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

could be some dodgey wiring behind the dash? whip out your centre console and have a look at the wires see if there is anything that looks dodgey? like wires cut and re-joined. must be cutting power through the hazzard wiring or something somehow. never had it happen to my car or any of my mates cars that i have wired up.

Craig8 the thud is nothing to do with interferance, intreferance with the subs/amps is a high pitched sound that is also called "alternator whine" (sp) we have it in my mates focus, took the who wiring out and re-wired the whole sound system and we still get it, even with all the little gadget things. interferance comes from when a power cable of some sort is near the RCA's /speaker cable, there wouldnt be a thudding sound.

i could be wrong but im 95% sure im right about it lol

that was one of the main things it would be when i was fitting ICE, the other cause of it is usually a bad earth, check and make sure these are bare metal and have a good connection

E36 328
Dan H

15th Aug 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it's nowt to do with the wiring being chopped or owt as it's all fine

dunno what it could be then bud. easier option? dont put hazzards on lol

New Poll