corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Underwater hockey

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Underwater hockey
Mobby

User status: Offline
16th Aug 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well while in London visiting the family, we had some time on our hands this morning and it was nice and hot so we decided to go for a swim.

Got there did some diving, a couple of lengths ( one at a time ) puffing and panting like the usual smoker. Got talking to a polish guy there who could dive and do the whole swimming pool underwater. I asked him if he smoked, his reply was obviously no but he then told me he had one lung!!

The pool was about to close and there was a Sexy Columbian bird sitting down up against the wall waiting for something, while a old boy was bringing in these aluminium goal things. We got talking and he said it was underwater hockey, once the convo died we decided to get a few more dives in while we had time, the old bloke them came over and asked if we would like to watch / join. we said yeah we would love to watch.

The next minute a 20 strong crowd comes in getting flippers on with hats gloves mini batons made out of plastic, it was amazing they were propa geared up. Anyway the game got underway and it was soo cool, they were like swarms of tuna fish fighting for this 3lb puck. I loved it to be honest and really want to join when i get home. Breathing seems a big problem when determined

Anyone else into this sport or any other water sports as i love swimming and want to get healthy and have good stamina?
gavin18787
Premium Member

16th Aug 09 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

water polo?

Used to have little sessions of this when I used to do swimming classes back in the day

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ben G

16th Aug 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they have oxygen tanks or is it done without any of that?

used to be able to hold my breath for ages, but i'm rubbish now
gavin18787
Premium Member

16th Aug 09 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah snorkle and mask jobbie

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
inliner04

16th Aug 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also known as octopush. 3 of my friends play it every monday. It seems like they have a great time, i'd quite like to try it sometime
Bart

16th Aug 09 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive seen people do this but never got involved.

Octopush is the more common name.
Its surprisingly dangerous actually.
C2RL R

16th Aug 09 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
Its surprisingly dangerous actually.

i can imagine it is. i've taken a fin to the face before now and it hurt like fuck.
Ste
Premium Member

16th Aug 09 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played it for ten years. as above, it's called octopush. Takes about 3 years to get to the point where you can be fit enough to class yourself as any good. In my peak I could swim 3 lengths under water. My dad still every tuesday but due to my nights, i miss it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVWDknd0deI&feature=fvw

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Underwater hockey 24 database queries in 0.0101070 seconds