corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Flying

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Flying
Ben G

User status: Offline
16th Aug 09 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will sweat like a fucker mate i couldn't handle mallorca for a week without a sea breeze

drink plenty of water
mattk

16th Aug 09 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nahh he deffo will not like it

I hate flying, not scared of it, there is just nothing more boring in the world!
Ben G

16th Aug 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
If he's into going fast he'll probably love takeoff.

i enjoy this bit, but only when the plane is stationary on the start of the runway and then goes on full power.

not as much fun when the planes already moving then just goes a bit quicker
Ben G

16th Aug 09 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
nahh he deffo will not like it

I hate flying, not scared of it, there is just nothing more boring in the world!

could always make it more fun by shouting ''i have a bomb'' i suppose
CorsAsh

16th Aug 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
If he's into going fast he'll probably love takeoff.

i enjoy this bit, but only when the plane is stationary on the start of the runway and then goes on full power.

not as much fun when the planes already moving then just goes a bit quicker

I hate quick landings though, when they slam the brakes on and the plane squirms around
HOMIE

16th Aug 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh have u ever been to a place in greece called skiathos now thats a slam on the breaks landing, and also corfu? Small greek airports are the best for quick landings and taking offs Also kos is quite a quick landing.
Bonney

16th Aug 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres nothing to worry about. I flew for the first time this year and going it wasnt too bad, but coming home it was terrable. I was on one of the seats that looked over the wing and most of the way back I was watching it wobble. It terrified me watching it, Thought it was going to break off!

But seroiusly, Theres nothing to worry about.
Hammer

16th Aug 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney66
Theres nothing to worry about. I flew for the first time this year and going it wasnt too bad, but coming home it was terrable. I was on one of the seats that looked over the wing and most of the way back I was watching it wobble. It terrified me watching it, Thought it was going to break off!

But seroiusly, Theres nothing to worry about.

You should be a motivational speaker
Lawrah
Premium Member

16th Aug 09 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Valium?
Robbo

16th Aug 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with mattk, I hate flying, its so so dull Last flight we had comign back to Dublin we had an awful landing, plane was bouncing around all over the shop going into land, didnt help that a stupid russian woman i was sat next to got a call on her mobile seconds before th eplane starting jolting around

Sleepign tablets/co-codamol will do the trick but not alcohol
ed

16th Aug 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by mattk
really dont understand why people are scared of flying

sad isn't it.

our return tickets this morning had seat numbers 26C and 26D printed on them. got on the plane and found out theres only 25 rows of seats. shit myself incae they had over booked or something.

after sitting in row 25 for half hour until we were ready to take off, the hostess told us they print 26 instead of printing 13 on the tickets as people get scared if they have a seat in row number 13 apparently
That's just a tradition. A lot of hotels don't have room number 13 e.t.c...
J da Silva

16th Aug 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
My first time on a plane this friday - I'm bricking it lol, but looking forward to it at the same time - you can't seriously say you can be scared of something you've never done!

You can! Because he has.

Imagine it, you're sat there knowing you will be flying sometime soon, all you are relying on is the mental/physical skill of 2 pilots, and the physics used in flight, and last but not least but putting your trust in the engineers that have serviced the planes engines. Personally I'm not scared of flying, I like it but I do understand why certain people maybe a bit worried.
ed

16th Aug 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's loads of stuff to be scared of, but there's nothing better than a bit of irrational fear to get you hyped up...
Ste
Premium Member

16th Aug 09 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You lot would be scared of flying too if you seen the monkeys they have maintaining them.

Also, get seats at the very back. Statistically the safest place to be. When in a crash you ususally don't die from the impact, but the fireball from the fuel tanks. As there are no fuel tanks at the tail end, and this usually breaks, off you will be treated to a plethora of broken bones but not the burns

[Edited on 16-08-2009 by Ste W]

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
J da Silva

16th Aug 09 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think mine and Ste W's comments may put even more people off flying. Sorry...

C2RL R

17th Aug 09 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i keep having dreams about plane crashes. had another one last night but that was most likely due to this thread. i'm glad i've not got any flights planned at the moment because i'd probably brick it!

[Edited on 17-08-2009 by C2RL R]
Daimo B

17th Aug 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by HOMIE
My brothers 21 and he will not come away with us in septemeber because of his phobia of flying, he has not yet to this day ever flown so as i keep telling him it might not be as bad as he thinks, has anyone else had this problem and what can i do to help him as he really wants to come away but really doesnt want to fly, obvioulsy there is no other way of getting to morocco other than flying unless he wants to pay double and spend a week travelling on various busses, trains and boats?

Dennis Berkamp didn't fly either, he drove/trained to all major european matches.
Hammer

17th Aug 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
You lot would be scared of flying too if you seen the monkeys they have maintaining them.

No worse than the monkeys that put them together in the first place
DC90

17th Aug 09 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a few dodgey experiences whilst flying, usually to do with to/from America.

Flying out there one time they figured some muslim guy wasn't safe and got him and his bags off, this was just after 9/11.

Also, flying home we had to fly inbetween two storms, never been so scared in my life.

More chance of winning the lottery than being in a plane crash anyway
Twiggy

17th Aug 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not a fan of flying... mainly the hight thing... no plans to fly in the near future so no issues to address atm
JadeM
Premium Member

17th Aug 09 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was PETRIFIED of flying, wouldn't go abroad with my mates or family.

Then I met Colin he managed to convince me to take my first flight! I loved it, just regret missing out on loads of nice holidays before

My 1st flight didn't go without drama tho, I was bursting for the loo just as the plane was ready to take off. I didnt know you weren't allowed out your seat until the plane was safely up in the air Thought I had nothing better to do than take off my seat belt and toddle off to the loo, Colin just about had a fit when he saw me undoing my seat belt !! I started to panic a bit because I really thought I was going to pee my pants by the time I reached the loo
J da Silva

17th Aug 09 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
I've had a few dodgey experiences whilst flying, usually to do with to/from America.

Flying out there one time they figured some muslim guy wasn't safe and got him and his bags off, this was just after 9/11.

Also, flying home we had to fly inbetween two storms, never been so scared in my life.

More chance of winning the lottery than being in a plane crash anyway

That is a bold statement considering there are less planes than lottery players, besides when it first started I won 6 times......

All £10's though.
DC90

17th Aug 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know what I mean
HOMIE

18th Aug 09 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by HOMIE
My brothers 21 and he will not come away with us in septemeber because of his phobia of flying, he has not yet to this day ever flown so as i keep telling him it might not be as bad as he thinks, has anyone else had this problem and what can i do to help him as he really wants to come away but really doesnt want to fly, obvioulsy there is no other way of getting to morocco other than flying unless he wants to pay double and spend a week travelling on various busses, trains and boats?

Dennis Berkamp didn't fly either, he drove/trained to all major european matches.

Yes this is fair point but morocco isnt in Europe. and it would be costing him nearly 300 more in travel costs just to get there, than it would just to sit on that fucking plane

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Flying 24 database queries in 0.1028800 seconds