corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Rio Verde Corsa B 1.4 Sport + Old Star Silver B (warning lots of pics)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Rio Verde Corsa B 1.4 Sport + Old Star Silver B (warning lots of pics)
moka

User status: Offline
21st Jun 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, ive been a member for some time now and i have finally decided to create a project thread

I have been driving for about 4 years now and have owned 2 corsas

Lets start off with a QUICK look at my first corsa. I bought this in 2005 for £2495 with 76k on the clock. Its a star silver 12v lol!

Ideas were basic, just wanted it to look a bit better wasnt going to go overboard! Apologises for the poor pics of the car early on but you get the idea.

Got myself a debadged grill, some clear side indicators, a pioneer stereo, sunstrip, some tint film, some tinting spray for the rear lights and a debadged boot badge/handle. I also debadged the car.

(limo black tints!) - this cost me £8 and i cut and applied the film myself

I then decided to get my wheels refurbed in black cause they were a state!

By this time i had removed a few things as i was planning on selling this and getting another corsa...

Pics of day before i sold it...

--------------------------------

NOW ONTO MY NEW CORSA (which is technically older)

I picked this 97 corsa b 1.4 sport up for £1050 mid april. It had 77k on the clock.

My ideas were to transfer the debadged grill over along with the side indicators, buy a new stereo, lower the car, punto wiper, sunstrip, tint and debadge. + more.

I also got rid of the center caps as some of the red rings were missing!

Pics with debadged grill, sunstrip, clear side indicators and no center caps!

Looking much better already IMO!

I then drilled the airbox, chucked a k&n panel filter in and wire brushed my inlet to clean it up a bit..

Theres alot more holes than you can see here...!

Im thinkin about painting the engine cover green!

I also ran a air intake from the bottom of the car to the butchered airbox...

I then tinted the rear lights in a slighty different style than before, got myself a punto wiper, an OPC line badge and some new sport badges...

I might get rid of the 16v.. what do you guys think?

Anyway... PVS was coming up so i decided to get a few things done before...

I wanted to strip the rear, for two reasons, i kept checking the weather and it looked shit and i wanted to be a bit more lightweight of course!

Anyway this was my bed at PVS (it had 2 layers of quilt and i was also in a sleeping bag so yes it was comfortable and DRY! oh you can also see a vectra wooden gearknob i picked up at a scrap yard im not tooooo sure about this gear knob just yet but im enjoying the change right now so its staying on

What i removed..

I then found some rio verde door handles, along with some chrome inside handles at my local scrap yard which i quickly snapped up

Omg i love it!

Then i got myself a new grill as i was getting so bored of the debadged one along with some wind deflectors!

Then came what ive wanted to do since i bought the silver one but never got round to it... LOWER IT!!!

So i went to halfrauds and i bought me some tools...

I was going to get the FK coilovers but after a bit of advise from SteW i went for a Jamex 60mm set... Sorry i have no pics of the suspension i was in too much of a hurry to get it on! lol Well i have these i suppose

These also came off due to some nasty scrubbage!

The car then sat painfully low on the front and not so low on the back... Im guessing its because its stripped out!?

The suspension had the most annoying squeaking noise from DAY 1 and i tried everything to get it to stop! (refit it a few times, greased the rubbers, wore it in a bit more) but nothing helped... I then posted on here and Craig P recommened i used the old rubbers.... Thank you so much for that i now have a silent suspension!

Whats to come?

I have some 2.0 discs pads and calipers sitting in my shed ready to go on... Well after i give them a little clean...

I also have some precut rear tint ready to put on, i messed up the rear window so will only have to two rear side windows done for a while when i can be bothered until i get a replacement rear..

Thanks for reading, hope u enjoyed

[Edited on 21-06-2009 by moka]

Craig P

21st Jun 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking Good Mate,Plenty of potential.I would deffo remove the 16V Badge though its a bit Chavy & Personally i wouldnt bother with Window Tints especially Limo but thats just my Opinion.

And Thanks for the Shout out Glad you got it sorted!

[Edited on 21-06-2009 by Craig P]
moka

21st Jun 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ive just got in from taking off the 16v badge and the k&n sticker. Looks much better now less 'chavvy' Your the 4th person to say that Craig P.

Used a heatgun to get the 16v off.

While i waas out there i decided to have a quick look underneath my wiper for rust... no suprises when i saw a bit so decided to take immediate action and wire brush the area to remove it. As it was such a small area and was inside where the rubber grommet would 'cover' i decided the get a screwdriver to scrap most of the rest off along with some hammerite rust remover so bring it back to bare metal.

It started to rain so i had to cover it up with a bit of tape and carry on after work 2mrw!

What should i put on it baring in mind its going to be covered up but the wiper rubber?

I have some of this stuff...

But i also have some hammerite direct to rust dark green that i used for the brake drums.

Was just going to tape round the outside of where the rubber grommet thing goes and spray the inside after i get the area down the bare metal... will this work?
moka

22nd Jun 09 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ended up scraping a bit more than i needed due to an accidental slippage but it wasnt too bad and was still in the rubber line.

I gave it two coats inside and out with the plasti-kote rust not then waited for that to dry then gave it a quick blast with the hammerite for colour.

I then fucked up again as i was being inpatient waiting for the paint to dry. I tried to refit the rubber insert while the paint was not fully dried which resulted in the paint 'chipping' slightly.

You can just see it at the bottom of this image

I then just got the black hammerite and repainted the area with a brush! and again its started to rain so ive covered it up with a plastic bag and im going to leave it to hopefully dry!

[Edited on 22-06-2009 by moka]

[Edited on 22-06-2009 by moka]

[Edited on 25-06-2009 by moka]
am4nf

22nd Jun 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

definatly do the engine cover green it looks good, check my project thread and you will see a picture of it done (although its now silver for some reason)
Anty
Premium Member

23rd Jun 09 at 07:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

empressive..

looks nice m8 keep it up
moka

25th Jun 09 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All better now, you can just see a bit of the NO RUST paint but i can easily touch that up with a bit of green. Just saved the car wiper from bubbling up so im happy

Pics of the car now with the rust repaired and the 16v / K&N taken off... and a good clean.

[Edited on 25-06-2009 by moka]
moka

25th Jun 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
definatly do the engine cover green it looks good, check my project thread and you will see a picture of it done (although its now silver for some reason)

Def on my to do list mate, its just finding the time! Did you use any old plastic paint? how many coats? laquer?
am4nf

26th Jun 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wasnt me that done it mate, but im planning on doing it again soon as i said its been put back to silver by the previous owner for some strange reason, but if i try it before you i will let you know how it goes
drpopper

27th Jun 09 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice deck the rear tho
rbailey88

1st Sep 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my back end did same mate, had 60mm kit on by the time id spent the day takin seats, carpets, sound proofing, and any other pointless bits out the back end looked higher than standard... 100mm rear springs were the answer now spot on

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Rio Verde Corsa B 1.4 Sport + Old Star Silver B (warning lots of pics) 24 database queries in 0.0169799 seconds