corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » i need a job!! (want to work in a bodyshop)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i need a job!! (want to work in a bodyshop)
jamied

User status: Offline
12th Sep 09 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. doylem

An idiot. Derived from Mr Doyle who was a twat.
You sir, are a doylam.

2. Doylem

Geordie word meaning a complete and utter idiot
will IS A total and utter Doylem
bigdan

12th Sep 09 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worse thing i ever went into tbh. hated it, pay is shit and your worked like a machine
alan-g-w

12th Sep 09 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30k a year's a brilliant wage for a sprayer I'd have said.
DizzyRebel

12th Sep 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w

Its good for a sprayer, but in todays world 30k a year is barely enough to raise a family, run a car and pay the bills.
Ian W

12th Sep 09 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I worked in a bodyshop from when I was about 19 - 22, worse job I ever had and it gets boring so quick as every day is the same.
marklawton

12th Sep 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother works in a bodyshop. he went to college for 3 years and then first 2 jobs he had at average size garages were not very well payed. hes just moved to a big insurance approved bodyshop and its getting payed alittle bit more, roughly £200 a week until his trial period is over and then it should go up.
he knows people in the same trade round here that are on roughly £380 a week so is hoping to get somewhere upto that soon.

its a hard job, he works 8-5, comes home, has his dinner then gets his head down for a hour or 2 before going out, a very tiring job.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Sep 09 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll probably be dead by 40...

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Minty_Fresh

13th Sep 09 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spoke to a mate of mine and his work is looking at taking people on to go out in the vans doing smart repair (bumper scuffs etc) and wheel repair..

his brother has just started with no qualifications (just because hes done bits on the side the same as me) and he averages £100 a day (£500 a week average) as its £50 per wheel plus vat (up to 17" wheel) so if he does a set of 4 wheels per day, thats over £200, half for him half for the gaffer...

and thats because hes new so cant refurb wheels as quick as people that have been there for a few years, but a guy whos been there a few years refurbs a set of alloys (up to 17") in 3-4 hours, and worked his arse off before and took home £900 at the end of the week, as the more wheels/jobs they do the more money goes in there pocket...

hes putting in a good word for me so 'touch wood'

[Edited on 13-09-2009 by mk4_boy]
mattk

13th Sep 09 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Il vid my self wanking off and post it up when you get a payslip for £900 doing bodywork
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Refurb a set of 4 wheels a day?

Surely the finish on that would be terrible, or is it just really minor stuff he's doing?
LukeD

13th Sep 09 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:

Its good for a sprayer, but in todays world 30k a year is barely enough to raise a family, run a car and pay the bills.

30k is an above average wage salary in the UK. ild be chuffed earning that.

Nath

13th Sep 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukeD
quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:

30k is an above average wage salary in the UK. ild be chuffed earning that.

DizzyRebel needs more than that for his roids though.
Minty_Fresh

13th Sep 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

Surely the finish on that would be terrible, or is it just really minor stuff he's doing?

finish is very good, think about it you have the small D.A on the airline so no sore fingertips and sooo much faster, and theres a booth in the back of those vans to extract the fumes and fully heated for them to dry..
a_j_mair

14th Sep 09 at 05:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

peoples perception of money and good wages on here makes me
ShEp

14th Sep 09 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh in today's financial climate £7 per hour can;t be written off as a bad wage.

Yes it's not great but at the end of the day it's a lot more than you get signing on.

But at the other end of the scale, tyre fitters get £7-£9 per hour, and it'snot a difficult job, there's a lot more to bodywor than tyre fitting.
LukeD

14th Sep 09 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9quid ph for fitting tyres thats near 20k a year. i really am going down the wrong job route and shouldnt of gone to uni.

and £7 ph at 20years old is great pay. ild be thankfull even getting a job in that area at that moment; let alone worrying how much it is staring off.

small business aint going to pay well over minimum wage to someone with no experience; as theres always a number of young people out there willing to work on low apprentiship trainee wages
Rob_Quads

14th Sep 09 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_boy
quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

finish is very good, think about it you have the small D.A on the airline so no sore fingertips and sooo much faster, and theres a booth in the back of those vans to extract the fumes and fully heated for them to dry..

lol - If you a refurbing wheels you will find that a large %age of them you can't use a DA on them due to the shame so they have to be hand sanded.

The numbers all sound nice but then remember you will get some git jobs in there that take much longer and eat in to the profits from other jobs etc.

Also remember all the insurance costs etc - not cheap
Gareth F

14th Sep 09 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If only you lived down here, rolls royce in goodwood were employing totally unqualified people to train to become sprayers and line workers. Very good money
DaveyLC

14th Sep 09 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres much more money in body repairs..

Learn to panel beat, weld and how to use a jig.

Less chance of dying from horrible neurological and respritory diseases too!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » i need a job!! (want to work in a bodyshop) 24 database queries in 0.4020562 seconds