corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1ltr 12v few questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1ltr 12v few questions
Dec T

User status: Offline
17th Sep 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alrite so i got a 1ltr 12v and today was the first time i took it out, it seems to have one hell of a flat spot from 3500 - 4000rpm and seems like its losing all its power and then suddenly itll hit just over 4000 and come back to life, also the tickover seems really uneaven and wierd.

never owned a 3 cylinder before so is this just a common thing or any1 got any ideas on what it mite be,

gona stick a new set of plugs in it the weekend, check the ht leads for damage etc just encase its that,

its had 2 owners from new + a garage so im guessing the owners that had it before were pritty old as its in mint condition so maby it just needs a good ragging to clear the injectors,

any ideas would be grately appreciated
grez12

17th Sep 09 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1stly theres no ht leads

mine was just the same so i changed the plugs/air&fuel filters which made it a lil bit better then i got a blanking plate for the EGR valve and fitted that then all problems were solved now runs like a dream slow dream but dream none the less lol
Richardhhha

17th Sep 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a 3cylinder so it isn't going to be smooth unfortunatly all 3cyl are lumpy.

i'd say get it bloody hot and give it a propper service, plugs, oil, filters ect (doesnt have HT's as its got 3 coil packs built into one unit that sit on top of the plugs)

then give it a good spanking for a fare few miles down a motorway as its most prolly been driven like a old man waking up in the morning trying to find his teeth. this will clear a lot of crap out of the car.. if the problems still persist, then its going to need further investigation..
Dec T

17th Sep 09 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by grez12
1stly theres no ht leads

mine was just the same so i changed the plugs/air&fuel filters which made it a lil bit better then i got a blanking plate for the EGR valve and fitted that then all problems were solved now runs like a dream slow dream but dream none the less lol

tell me about it it feels so wierd driving a 1.0 again, cheers for the info lads guess i should go get sum stuff for it tomorow

New Poll