corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Dec's Slow Corsa Project

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dec's Slow Corsa Project
Dec T

User status: Offline
   11th Sep 09 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right so after a year of being off the road due to driving like a crackhead im finally getting sorted again,
been looking like mad for a white corsa b or corsa van lately because my insurance is rediculous,
im 19 with 1 year ncb but ive got 6 points on my licence so i had it revoked,
it wasnt too bad i crashed my car about 6 hours after reading the court letter which was a bummer but then about a week after that i quit my job so i had no use for a car as i couldnt afford to run it anyway,
started an apprenticeship with my dad last week with the added bonus that he'd lend me the money for a car that all i have to do is pay £100 a month on untill its payed off (leaves me with very little money but gets me a car)

so right now for the car, well this morning i was lookin on auto trader when i came across this

its a 1.0 12v gls 1998 corsa 45000 on the clock, all the extras (electric windows, electric mirrors etc) for £1295

so as it was only at shifnal me and my dad descided to take a trip up there, just for a look really, but when we got there it was immaculate no rust anywere (except the normal tip of the backbox) which doesnt matter as ill change it anyway, after a little haggeling we got it for 1200, so the deposit was was payed there and then, its going in for mot in the mornin so we can pick it up saturday.

Future plans:

Wheels: Cav GSI (slabs) or vectra sri alloys resprayed in gun metal grey or black
Suspension: not sure wat brand but am going -70mm front / -90 or -100 rear
Headlights: Smoked depos
Exhaust: just going for a peko back box (possibly full through)
Windows: dark as legally possible all round
Spoiler: corsa gsi
Engine: KnN panel filter or pipercross induction kit
ICE: have a kenwood screen in my room from my focus, Vibe 6x9's, replace door speakers all round
Bodykit: no plans for a bodykit but if i have some spare money ill go for a gsi bodykit

these are the only real plans i have for now apart from debadge it,
it'll take me a while to sort it out but i think ive got a good enough base car to start with..
well let me know what you think about the ideas ive got

oh also there not my cup of tea but my dads lendin me the alloys off his astra van till i get some wheels sorted
as seen below

Dec T

12th Sep 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well got the car today, put the alloys on and a sony head unit out of my dads van, didnt put the screens in, waiting till i get an alarm sorted

pics later tonight/tomorow
am4nf

12th Sep 09 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit pricey for a 1.0 12v but I suppose your paying for the miles

Good that its a gls with no grey plastic

Dec T

13th Sep 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it is clean as a whistle tho its got everythin aswell, rev counter, power steerin, electric windows, electric mirrors height adjustable seats etc seemed like a gd base car and it was from a garage

new update: sold the head unit to help pay for my insurance, so will put the screens in soon
Dec T

18th Sep 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right so havent had chance to upload the pics yet so guess ill do it now

rite so not really a big update, found it had a right flat spot between 3000-4000rpm so gave it a service today, oil/fuel/air filter, plugs, oil + red x

gonna attemp to fit the screens tomorow so ill post some interior shots

comments good + bad welcome (just dont slate the wheels i already stated there gettin changed)
Dec T

18th Sep 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry for the huge pics will sort them tomorow
chrisritch

18th Sep 09 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whys there anal beads on the floor in pic 2?
Sean-B

18th Sep 09 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

biggest pics on CS ever

looks like the molecular alignment of some of your paint molecules is incorrect to me

[Edited on 18-09-2009 by Sean-B]
Dec T

18th Sep 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
whys there anal beads on the floor in pic 2?

haha its my dogs toy, yeah the pics r huge
Ingham
Banned

19th Sep 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pics are nearly as big as my ego. Ftbitchez.
am4nf

19th Sep 09 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the service fix the flat spot? If not all 1.0L's seem to die at about 3500 iirc its ecotec changing something?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Dec's Slow Corsa Project 24 database queries in 0.0145981 seconds