corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dog Day: Staffordshire Bull Terrier

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dog Day: Staffordshire Bull Terrier
--DAN--

User status: Offline
25th Sep 09 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really hated having to pay pet insurance(c£20 a month), always thought we'd never need it tbh but this week has completely changed my mind. My mutt dislocated a knee which in itself isn't too serious, just £300 for an xray. As a result of the xray we've found it has also damaged her hip which will almost certainly need a full replacement. She has to have a 2 day stay with a consultant next week to assess the damage which is costing £1500!!, this does not include the cost of the actual surgery if they decide she needs it which I have read costs between 3 and 5k!!!

In terms of food we spend in the region of £30-£40 a month on her dry food, cheap food makes her hair fall out!!

Sam
Premium Member

25th Sep 09 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --DAN--
In terms of food we spend in the region of £30-£40 a month on her dry food, cheap food makes her hair fall out!!

Don't all dogs moult at some point each year anyway? Ours do, regardless of food.
--DAN--

25th Sep 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
Originally posted by --DAN--

Don't all dogs moult at some point each year anyway? Ours do, regardless of food.

Yeah, ours went almost completely bald though! Tried all kind of treatment on it, found by adding oil of evening primrose to her food her hair grew back almost immediatley so we changed her food and she's fine now.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Sep 09 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I buy Harry (my boxer) James Wellbeloved food, a 15kg bag is £40 and he also has James Wellbeloved food pouches, about 4 a week at 65p each. Any other food gives him the shits. The 15kg bah lasts around 5 weeks. I pay £20 per month insurance, we claim any vets fees back that are over £50.

[Edited on 25-09-2009 by DannyB]
mwg

25th Sep 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have 2. Brilliant family pets. Anything in particular you want to know about them?

Dont get dog food that is high in protein, it'll be bouncing off the walls
Bonney

25th Sep 09 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate has 2, Ones is getting on a bit now, and they have a pup, think its about 5 months old now, with 3 legs. It fell down the stairs and completely smashed its leg up.

And to be honest they are the softest dogs ever. They are great with the kids, And when the older one sees his youngest son sleeping, it lies down at the side of him and keeps an eye on him. Sort of protecting him.
deano87

25th Sep 09 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sisters family have 4. 3 dogs and 1 bitch.

One of the dogs and the bitch have a 5 generation pedigree. The bitch has just had puppies and there are 2 left if you're interested?! Due to the pedigree they are about £600 though. About 8 or 9 weeks old now.

I personally don't mind them. But because of the type of dog they are, I always have my whits about them. I don't care what anyone says.

I also hate the fact they have become a fashion item now and really popular dog.
Ben-B

25th Sep 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 2, not long had to put 1 down

ours have had a great life, they are all well into double figures and only had 1 or 2 things wrong with them. great dogs and would recommend them to anyone, but as said they dont usually like other animals.

people theyre brilliant, a child offered one of mine a biscuit years ago and ive never seen a dog take food so gently, he actualy watched to make sure he didnt bite her, which is suprising seen as hes thick as pig shit
chloe16v

25th Sep 09 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for dog insurance try this site, alot of husky owners on another forum i use have found that they are alot cheaper than anywhere else and even cheaper if insuring more than one dog

http://www.pet-insurance.co.uk/
chloe16v

25th Sep 09 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and our 2 cost us around £22 a month in dry dog food (thats for both of them) and about £5-£10 a month in raw food
dannymccann

25th Sep 09 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Landlord has OK'd it so I think Im going to ave to go through with it now

Deano ive u2u'd you back.

Shelter hasnt got back to me yet on how long and what they have to do regarding home checks and what not, will have to ring them tomorrow or something.

Thanks for all the help guys, will update when hes around.
AndyKent

26th Sep 09 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the link Chloe. Got a quote on a spaniel the same age as I would get, either £8.80 or £10 per month depending on what cover you go for. Win

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dog Day: Staffordshire Bull Terrier 23 database queries in 0.2538600 seconds