corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Realistic Diet

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Realistic Diet
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Sep 09 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weight loss is very easy to begin!

Ive lost 20lb in 7 weeks, Now staying at the same weight but changing shape and gaining muscle as well as burning fat.

5 smaller meals per day, no carbs after 12pm. plenty of meat and veg after 12.

Just cutting out all the shit will help so much.

Just make sure you drink plenty of water to keep hydrated. I drink about 3-4ltrs a day atm.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
bigboykarl

28th Sep 09 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lost seven more pounds this week....67lb in 16 weeks
Paul_J

28th Sep 09 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm starting P90X ... probably start it next week...
DizzyRebel

28th Sep 09 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Weight loss is very easy to begin!

Ive lost 20lb in 7 weeks, Now staying at the same weight but changing shape and gaining muscle as well as burning fat.

5 smaller meals per day, no carbs after 12pm. plenty of meat and veg after 12.

Just cutting out all the shit will help so much.

Just make sure you drink plenty of water to keep hydrated. I drink about 3-4ltrs a day atm.

If you dont train thats how you should be eating now forever! sounds like you have the right perception
DizzyRebel

28th Sep 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by Reedy
Ive got one of those bars. Absolutely destroys the door frame work.
I use my for doing push ups off the floor, seems to be harder and also forces you out of bad habits with press ups.

Also i think the RAF do a similar training with the "on/off" running.

Yeah bar looks good for my wrists as they're weak...

on / off training is better in so many ways, basically it's pushing your body to go faster / get stronger, in a similar way to having to increase the weights you do when building biceps... slogging along at a steady pace for 40 mins won't really get you much progress...

Secondly, half of the metabolism of fat / carbs, is the fact that it fuels your muscles along with oxygen. When you run hard you semi starve your muscles of this, it's only when you slow down again it gets refilled ... (essentially your body has enough supply for a really big burst of energy for about 15-20 seconds... This is that 'second wind feeling' when you're already knackered and can suddenly push really hard for a few seconds... Each time you basically use this up, your body has burnt up its current quick supply of energy (carbs / fat) ... only when you slow down a bit can it catch up to replace this properly... So doing on / off, you're basically burning it all off, then letting it all 'refill', then burning it all off...)

- running non stop for 40 mins doesn't really do this, hence you feel a lot more fatigued (as your body is feeling like it's running on limited energy sources)... Plus it never really 'pushes you' - so it never gains much... you'll always only be able to do those 40 mins at the same steady pace...

Where as doing interval style training you'll be able to increase your pace and stamina.

Whilst you have the right idea, the reasoning and facts behind it arent entirely true...

The reason HIIT is so effective is not the oxygen deficit it causes, or the rapid depletion of glycogen stores it creates. Its because its very taxing on the nervous system, and thus elevates your metabolism for up to 24 hours after you do it, so in short after a 15-20 min HIIT session you will prime your body to burn more calories for another 24 hours even after you finished training. However as it is so taxing of your nervous system, you should only do it a maximum of once every other day, and shouldnt really mix it with a heavy weight training session.

Steady state cardio isnt taxing on your nervous system, so it only burns calories while you perform it and doesnt elevate metabolism. Its still good for fat loss, but you should do it alongside resistance training and HITT. In the mornings for 30-45 mins would be the best time to do it.

For weight loss and general coditioning you need a good mix of both resistance, hiit and steady state training for best results.

Nutrition is the biggest part of it though, if you dont nail it then no amount of training will outperform a bad diet! Macro cycling is the best way to structure your diet for optimal results, but it does take a little bit of planning and research to get right!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Realistic Diet 24 database queries in 0.0192859 seconds