corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford fans/experts engine help.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ford fans/experts engine help.
StuartVRS

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 09 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

N reg mondeo, think its a 2l ghia. Engine is prety stuffed gonna replace it, just wondering if anyone knows much about RS turbo engines/gearboxes and prices for a good condition one plus whether it will even fit in.... Or any other good engines that would be ideal replacement? Shell and car in general is super clean for its age and engine is burning oil quicker than jordan drops her knickers so is gonna die soon me thinks. Car will cost me 100 quid, could maybe break for money but ideally wanna get it on the road. Any help welcome, no intention of making ita show car etc, just want a nice runner with a bit of poke for work and back
BarnshaW

3rd Oct 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

instead of a conversion why not look at an st200 or something?
StuartVRS

3rd Oct 09 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
instead of a conversion why not look at an st200 or something?

getting the car from a friend mate so looking to play around with it in my spare time myself then use it for work when i get my licence back (cant drive at mo for medical reasons) so its just a bit of fun for not much money Thanks anyway tho
Sam
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a replacement 2.0 16v engine and sell the car on for profit?
Richardhhha

3rd Oct 09 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the RS engine will fit as in essance its a similar engine, the mondeo lump you have is a zetec engine or a duratec engine?

but you would be better off getting a second hand engine and plonking it in..

just wondering what has happened to say the engine is goosed?
as the zetec engine is a bloody reliable engine and difficult to blow up tbh
StuartVRS

4th Oct 09 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Failed MOT on it, burning oil in a bad way so not sure whats wrong. Its a 1996 engine, so no idea what type it is. I could take it elsewhere and get it inspected to see what they think is causing the massive oil burning and see if its repairable i guess. ~Just fancied a little project, something to get my hands dirty with for not too much £££. They need rid of the car ASAP as got nowhere to keep it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford fans/experts engine help. 23 database queries in 0.0098011 seconds