corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » WANTED!!!! REDTOP OR 2.0 8V

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author WANTED!!!! REDTOP OR 2.0 8V
redtop_tommy

User status: Offline
30th Sep 09 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi peeps im lookin for a redtop or 2ltr 8v engine.am wantin to do a conversion in ma corsa as the 1.2 thats in it isnt pullin me out ma bed in the mornin lol.feel free to leave replys or u2u me.

cheers tommy
alan-g-w

30th Sep 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're both pretty different mate, I'd decide what you want before looking.
Eck
Premium Member

30th Sep 09 at 23:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Alan said.
redtop_tommy

1st Oct 09 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive only heard that 16v can cause alot eh problems so ill have whatever i can get ma hands on really lol
alan-g-w

1st Oct 09 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No offence but with that kind of attitude it's going to end up fucking up no matter which you get.

Either can be as reliable or as shitey as each other. It just depends on how you've done the conversion.
davieslim

1st Oct 09 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both engines are really as bad as each other, there old now and majority are high milers and getting on a bit, so depending on the money your spending will deside if your getting a piece of shit or something decent, im doing mines just now 2.0 16v conversion, its my 5th and have always bought cars that ive known to use the engine from so that i know the history but its not always an option
redtop_tommy

2nd Oct 09 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
No offence but with that kind of attitude it's going to end up fucking up no matter which you get.

Either can be as reliable or as shitey as each other. It just depends on how you've done the conversion.

well thats a valid point lol.
well can i ask which you guys would prefer or rate?? redtop or 2.0 8v?????????
cunningham

2nd Oct 09 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.0 8v for reliability ive ahda mechanic who on roadtest snapped the timing belt on a 8v cavy got it towed back to the garage new belt on and all was good as new no damage what so ever

16v for power out the box though but they do have a few teething problems try get a coscast head or a modified gm head to prevent it going porous they eat ICV a good blast with carb cleaner should do you a while
redtop_tommy

2nd Oct 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol well i need one asap as my head gasket has went now
philip2

2nd Oct 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i could do a rebuilt one, but im in n.wales. as for the head. porous modded gm head over coscast anyday, despite what people say
K3 VMU

2nd Oct 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have one sitting in the workshop-no history of it, cam out of a scrapped calibra. comes with everything you need
alan-g-w

2nd Oct 09 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
2.0 8v for reliability ive ahda mechanic who on roadtest snapped the timing belt on a 8v cavy got it towed back to the garage new belt on and all was good as new no damage what so ever

16v for power out the box though but they do have a few teething problems try get a coscast head or a modified gm head to prevent it going porous they eat ICV a good blast with carb cleaner should do you a while

The 8v has a good bit more valve to piston clearance than the XE's. Both with a re-newed cambelt kit will be as reliable as each other.

I've had an XE for almost 2 years now and the only problems I've had are with the PAS pump mount being out causing it to eat fan belts. Not all GM heads are porous, I've got one and it's been completely fine so there's no need to look out for anything special. The ICV on mine's also been fine.

As has been said, it all depends on the condition of the engine and the way the conversion's been done.
redtop_tommy

3rd Oct 09 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks alot guys and ke vmu i hav u2u'd u mate
cunningham

3rd Oct 09 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no conversions with meine mate my redtops where it belongs in a cavy
davieslim

4th Oct 09 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a c20xe, gearbox, driveshafts,front brakes,downpipe, loom,ecu, fitting kit for type 1 chassis and a few other bits 350

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Scotland » WANTED!!!! REDTOP OR 2.0 8V 24 database queries in 0.0122249 seconds