corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » David Cameron has got my vote

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author David Cameron has got my vote
mattk

User status: Offline
5th Oct 09 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Fazza
BNP
bigboykarl

5th Oct 09 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by bigboykarl

£8bn is nothing

£8bn
would build 9 new 1100 bed super hospitals £5.031 billion
build prisons with 10,000 extra places £2.040 billion
pay a years salary for 20000 new police men based on met wages @£32000 after 31 week train £0.640bn
20000 nurses bases on average nurses wage £28000 £0.560bn
just over £8.2bn

i think if we asked the general public would they prefer my short list or help fund projects in europe what would there reply be
Do we actually need any of those things though?

are you for real?? do you read any papers?
crime and yob culture is out of control wouldn't 10k prison places and 20k extra police cover that
would 9 new super hospitals cut waiting lists and give people a new confidence in the nhs
John

5th Oct 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the prison spaces and police in the world wouldn't stop crime and the yob culture.

Overcrowded prisons with no pool tables or xbox's and harsher sentences would go some way towards stopping it, neither requiring any extra money.
ed

5th Oct 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More prisons and more police officers wont change people's mentality. Culture needs to be changed and it's been proven else where that locking people up doesn't help.

Waiting times in hospitals? That's a load of hyped up bollocks.
Ojc

5th Oct 09 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Build ghettos for those that don't want to work and want to just pop out kids so they can get a house and they might not be so willing to bother the rest of us with their disgusting immoral behaviour.
Sam
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Build ghettos for those that don't want to work and want to just pop out kids so they can get a house and they might not be so willing to bother the rest of us with their disgusting immoral behaviour.

District 9 style
Ojc

5th Oct 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking more on the scale of Warsaw TBH.

Then the idiots can breed with each other and not contanimate the rest of us.
bigboykarl

5th Oct 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
More prisons and more police officers wont change people's mentality. Culture needs to be changed and it's been proven else where that locking people up doesn't help.

you talk such shite...if there's no such thing as hospital waiting lists why has my mate who is crippled with back problem at the moment has a appointment in 7 weeks time???
Jake

5th Oct 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jake
as far as migrant workers are concerned, UK would be fucked without them. Yes they were impossible to compete with in the building trade especially because of how cheap they were but its swings and roundabouts

so how would the uk be fucked without them....what did we do before they arrived?? were we fucked then

Well what happened before then was......

Unemployment was very low, the general attitude was to want to work even if you were ill and serve a cause for your pay and the other thing that was about at this time was lower crime rates and a more united society, things like better discipline also.

maybe that was the mentality 12 years ago but we arent walking around in dreamscape and helter skelter bomber jackets like they were then, and mentality has changed with it. Migrant workers have nothing to do with British peoples motives, its just their excuse and an argument to talk about with the local barber - it isnt a reason why they arent getting out of bed in the morning

[Edited on 05-10-2009 by jake]
ed

5th Oct 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

you talk such shite...if there's no such thing as hospital waiting lists why has my mate who is crippled with back problem at the moment has a appointment in 7 weeks time???
You ask people who haven't recently had treatment (or ever) what their opinions of the service the NHS provides is and they say it's shit. You ask the opinions of people who are having or had treatment on the NHS and they say the service is absolutely fantastic. I'm not being funny, but your mates back problem is probably quite trivial if he has a 7 week wait for treatment. If you went into a hospital and required treatment for something serious they'd probably have you started on treatment very quickly.

It's like people complaining about the waiting list for a replacement hip for granny. The reality is, she'd probably be waiting for 2-3 weeks for the operation to take place. Now that's perfectly acceptable, right? If granny can't wait that long then fucking pay for it yourself.

Plus, maybe the NHS resources wouldn't be so stretched if there weren't so many morbidly obese people out there who can't look after themselves?
ed

5th Oct 09 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and one other point. The USA spends more money per person on their healthcare system. So, by your calculations that'd make their healthcare system the best in the world.

I suggest you look and see where the US ranks, in comparison to where the UK ranks on the WHO's list.
AndyKent

5th Oct 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe for the sake of £8bn you are even arguing this point Karl.

Last year the UK government spent £530 odd billion, £8bn is a serious drop in the ocean for the benefits membership gives. Never mind if we spend more than we get back in a monetary sense, you've completely (conveniently) forgotten all the non-economic benefits.

I also wouldn't say yobs and crime is "out of control". Do you feel safe going to work - yes. Do you feel safe going shopping - yes. Can you leave your car parked outside at night - yes. We are far from out of control. Might not be perfect, but you can never irradicate all crime.
Ojc

5th Oct 09 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is one thing the Americans are jealous of regardless of what they say is our Health Service.
J da Silva

5th Oct 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will any other party prevent these things?....

- Single Mum's sitting in the pub with their prams outside claiming god knows how many £'s a week of taxpayers money, when alternatively, they could find a job (could be part time) and get a more appropriate childcare benefit?

- People claiming they've got agrophobia and cannot go in the open world to work, claiming more £'s from the state, HOW DID YOU GET TO THE FUCKING DR'S FOR THE DIAGNOSIS YOU FREAK!

- The high earners being punished for their clever career choices?

- Immigrant just rolling in and not contributing?

- Stupid nursery rhyme lyric changes to suit these tetchy non-christians?

- Stop the lagging on Fifa10 live?

If they can just resolve or just reduce those I'd be happy.

[Edited on 05-10-2009 by J da Silva]
Cosmo

5th Oct 09 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, the people in this country who are willing to go out and work hard (and this is those on min wage and those earning millions) are the ones who get fucked over so the lay abouts can be paid to live and consume our resources.

I have no problems with immigrants as long as they are aiming to add to society, if not then get out. Same goes for people who just want to sit about claiming benefits - give them 6 months to better themselves/find a job and if they havent stop paying out unless they work for the state doing something to improve the country.

And the whole work ethic of this country needs to be changed too. Ive said it more than once on here but the recession has had one good thing where companies have laid people off (often the lazy/poor at their job employees) and realised they can work much more efficiently. Now as the country gets back to economic growth hopefully these companies will keep this new found efficiency and only the employees who are willing to work hard will get jobs.
Robbo

5th Oct 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ yep re recession
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

5th Oct 09 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

You ask people who haven't recently had treatment (or ever) what their opinions of the service the NHS provides is and they say it's shit. You ask the opinions of people who are having or had treatment on the NHS and they say the service is absolutely fantastic. I'm not being funny, but your mates back problem is probably quite trivial if he has a 7 week wait for treatment. If you went into a hospital and required treatment for something serious they'd probably have you started on treatment very quickly.

It's like people complaining about the waiting list for a replacement hip for granny. The reality is, she'd probably be waiting for 2-3 weeks for the operation to take place. Now that's perfectly acceptable, right? If granny can't wait that long then fucking pay for it yourself.

Plus, maybe the NHS resources wouldn't be so stretched if there weren't so many morbidly obese people out there who can't look after themselves?

Totally agree with Ed here - when it was discovered I had an extremely serious condition at 16 years of age, I was phoned on a Friday evening, admitted into hospital on the Sunday morning and released 4 weeks later, a week after a very complex operation which resulted in my being in intensive care immediately after the op due to a broken rib and collapsed lung.

Had it not been for the fact I needed building up on medication to prevent my body from going into shock and therefore suffering a cardiac arrest, I'd have been operated on within days of being admitted.

So yes, for people who have used the NHS system in recent years for a serious condition, I have absolutely nothing but praise for it.
J da Silva

5th Oct 09 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The NHS as it stands now is very good, My Mum is quite high up in the organisation, my other half (nurse on haemotology) and 2 of my sisters are nurses (1 paediatric the other has nursing skills in ENT, surgical recovery and she is a band 5 at the moment).

They all admit though it is understaffed, but the main reason for it is (this is going to sound pety) a lot of nurses are off sick, it's not because they are sciving, it's because... 1) Just being in work and on the wards with an illness can kill patients 2) nurses who are feeling rough are not going to perform very well so it's in the best interests of everyone for the nurse to be abscent 3) a ward sister WILL send you home if she even thinks for a minute you have a cold for example, they don't want you in there, get the fuck out.

So, maybe it's not basic nurses that are needed, maybe a little restructure of how the shift patterns are made, alot of the time a basic ward will have only 5 nurses on it at any one time doing 12hr shifts.

[Edited on 05-10-2009 by J da Silva]
Sam
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot more investment needs to go into the NHS in my opinion. Better management, and more staff. Some of you may sing the NHS's praises round your neck of the woods but it's mediocre at best in a lot of places round the UK (this is from my own personal experience with hospitals/doctors etc. not from reading what's in The Sun).
Ojc

6th Oct 09 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the benefits issue for having loads of kids which I want addressed, I have perfect examples on my Facebook of them sitting around on their arse, but each of their updates they are either going on holiday or getting a new car or bought some new shoes.

I just do not understand the governments mindset by feeding these idiots with all the benefits they require to live a life as good as the hard workers in this country, and sometimes better.

I don't get a house for working full time, so why should someone get a house just for popping out kids?

It's basic logic.
ed

6th Oct 09 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing that's annoying me today is the coverage of the plans to prevent people from accessing a state pension a 65. It's just showing how out of touch these politicians are; people shouldn't be retiring at 65 because they're going to live until they're 90. The 65 year old retirement age is only at that age because people used to die when they were 70. People relying on a state pension wouldn't even be able to afford to retire a 65 because it's not likely that they have been able to afford to pay into other savings and investments. Oh, and did I mention, people don't retire at 65 anymore.
ed

6th Oct 09 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regarding the NHS though, it doesn't need more money throwing at it. They need to carry on with the improvements that are going ahead at the moment making it more efficient. I don't think it will ever be perfect because nothing ever is, but to be 18th best in the world is nothing to be sniffed at.
Ojc

6th Oct 09 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad is 62 and if you saw him there is no way he is ready to retire at 65, absolutely no way.
ed

6th Oct 09 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My parents probably wont have even paid the mortgage off by the time they're 65

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » David Cameron has got my vote 23 database queries in 0.0184960 seconds