corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » i want to fit bike carbs ??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author i want to fit bike carbs ??
BEASTY BOYS

User status: Offline
12th Oct 09 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im thinking of fitting bike carbs to my engine, wot needs doing ?, i have a 20seh 8 valve engine bored to 2.1, so basically what will i need and what needs changing, i have the chance of the manifold and carbs already but need to know what else i need to get and do,

many thanks
paul
SR91

12th Oct 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Megajolt management IIRC
Eck
Premium Member

12th Oct 09 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chrex is the man you need to speak to, he's just pulled out his 8v on bike carbs.
chrex

12th Oct 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, i have got a head and inlet manifold that has just come off the SEH i had running on R1 carbs in my GSi.

Head and inlet sale post

would be bloody immense on your bottom end...thats what i wanted to do originally, but a friend rebuilt an XE for me cheap so had to do that really.

the head has been ported and polished and the cam is designed to run carbs, pulling to peak power at 6600rpm, on a shagged bottom end too...! there is also a vernier on there. Inlet is a bogg brothers item that is designed for R1 carbs (with yamaha rubber cutouts too).

You will also need a vacuum advance dizzy (£40 odd from ebay), a fuel pressure regulator - although i run two...and a decent place to set it all up!
BEASTY BOYS

13th Oct 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the possibility of a cheap manifold and a set of carbs, is that all i need, a new dizzy and a fuel regulator ??, do you know exactly which dizzy i need ?

cheers
paul

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » i want to fit bike carbs ?? 23 database queries in 0.0084932 seconds