corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ebay day. recieved something that i reckon has broken in transit?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ebay day. recieved something that i reckon has broken in transit?
Carl

User status: Offline
14th Oct 09 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got a pc sent to me, recieved it and the ram was floating about and a card had come off as well as the big heat sik. Tried to fire it up and nothing. Explained to the seller now but what do I put on the end of the message?

Please give me a refund?

It's no good to me but if it was other way i'd think it was someone trying it on. I can send him pics of stuff detathced but I could have done that anyway?!

Anyone experienced similiar? I paid by paypal so is it a case of claiming back through them if he doesn't comply? DO I send the pc back first or what?!
Jake

14th Oct 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would have said in this state the computer is no good to me so would like a full refund in lieu of me returning the computer to yourself. thanks alot
Dan.H

14th Oct 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paypal will ask you to send the item back then they will refund you once they have proof of the item being returned
Cosmo

14th Oct 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH he'll probably say to put a claim in with the delivery company.

Is this a company you bought off or just an individual?
Carl

14th Oct 09 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
TBH he'll probably say to put a claim in with the delivery company.

Is this a company you bought off or just an individual?

Just an individual. It is the seller who has to put the claim in. Only know as I looked into it before I sent that expensive cd player and had to foot 25 quid to insure only upto 500 quid!
I feel harsh as i'd think it was a con if it was the otherway around, end of the day its no good to me and I want my coin back!

johnhara1

14th Oct 09 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go through PayPal and you'll get a refund but you will have to foot the bill of sending the PC back to the seller.

The seller will have to take it up with the courier. They will want photos of the damage and of the packaging. (DHL did anyway when i had to do this)

_Allan_

14th Oct 09 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see how they could detatch that easily though. Even if you had the chuckle brothers delivering it. Heat Sinks, Ram and GPU's all clip in quite securely. I know as well as I've booted a few old comps around our stores and they held up fairly well inside. So unless DHL have played 5 a side with your PC. I doubt he packaged it well or even had the PC working in the first place. I'd very dubious and get onto paypal asap.

[Edited on 14-10-2009 by _Allan_]
Cavey

14th Oct 09 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
I don't see how they could detatch that easily though. Even if you had the chuckle brothers delivering it. Heat Sinks, Ram and GPU's all clip in quite securely. I know as well as I've booted a few old comps around our stores and they held up fairly well inside. So unless DHL have played 5 a side with your PC. I doubt he packaged it or even had the PC working in the first place. I'd very dubious and get onto paypal asap.

I was thinking that as well, it must of been really badly packaged, or in pieces anyway. Therefore the sellers fault anyway
Sam
Premium Member

14th Oct 09 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing to do is email the seller and inform him. Assuming the parcel was insured, he can claim the money off the couriers/Royal Mail that it was insured for, I think in the meantime he would probably have to compensate you first, not sure, but deffo contact him to make him aware of the situation and take it from there.
DizzyRebel

14th Oct 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing you can do, once he has sent the package off the liability remains with the delivery company and you will only get reimbursed what he valued it at, i usually send it standard rate with £35 insurance so you might be out of luck. Thats why sellers offer optional postal insurance, incase something like this happens.
Carl

14th Oct 09 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Nothing you can do, once he has sent the package off the liability remains with the delivery company and you will only get reimbursed what he valued it at, i usually send it standard rate with £35 insurance so you might be out of luck. Thats why sellers offer optional postal insurance, incase something like this happens.

Nope, its the sellers job to get the item there unbroken. As I said i've looked into it recently. I had to post a 1500quid cd player so looked into big time. I've loked into it again today. He has to make the claim against the postage firm and its tough shit for him if he didn't insure it!

I've e-mailed him to inform him, i'll see what response I get.
eddiewhiteley

14th Oct 09 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much was it? i recieved an item i wasnt happy with, rang paypal, got a refund and they said to keep the item.
Kurt

14th Oct 09 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it signed for? should have ideally checked it first before accepting
Carl

14th Oct 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if it was signed for, my dad took it, was parcelforce 48 iirc so probably. It would have looked ok anyway, you had to take the side off to see all the stuff floating about, doubt my 65 year old old man would have been much use!
140 it was.
Kurt

14th Oct 09 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know in an ideal world everything would be thoroughly checked but with the courier on the doorstep its not always that simple..
Anty
Premium Member

15th Oct 09 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much did you pay ? spec?
Carl

15th Oct 09 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't matter what spec it is, doesn't switch on. Just swapped PSU's from pc i'm on, still nothing. No activity what so ever. Sending it back, luckily they insured it so should get a refund.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ebay day. recieved something that i reckon has broken in transit? 23 database queries in 0.0110998 seconds