corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Fuji F20

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuji F20
davcohen

User status: Offline
24th Oct 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought this camera quite a while back and since doing some googling i have come up with some settings but at time the pictures still come out shite what am i doing wrong, before buying it i read its a very good basic camera.

I am not looking for pro shots hear just a good clear enough image

for instance this shot looks perfect to me:

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q187/davcohen/?action=view&current=Picture011-2.jpg

where as this looks completely rubbish

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q187/davcohen/Doubleroom/?action=view&current=Picture060.jpg
Simon

24th Oct 09 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't even know where to start. You are comparing two completely different pictures, what is it that you think is rubbish in the second picture?
davcohen

24th Oct 09 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i made the comparison purely on quality, the pictures come out grainy and pixelated when at other times are 100% fine
Ben G

24th Oct 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

different lighting for a start. need to mess about with the ISO i believe.
John

24th Oct 09 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grainy is because they can't deal with low light, it bumps up the iso and it's noisy, point and shoots in general aren't very good at low light.

To improve this you would need either more light or a longer exposure, for which you'd require a tripod.
davcohen

25th Oct 09 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so should i be manually adjusting the Iso setting constantly to improve quality

i know its never going to be pro but it should be clearer looking at what other people can achieve with exactly the same camera
John

25th Oct 09 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can adjust iso manually and you have a tripod that would definitely help in low light.

Even when it looks quite bright in a house to the eye it's normally still dark for the camera.
jrsteeve

25th Oct 09 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With that type of camera just use the flash. You can then use fairly basic photo editing software such as whatever came with it to adjust it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Fuji F20 24 database queries in 0.0108440 seconds