corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Im going to Kenya UPDATE help needed please!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Im going to Kenya UPDATE help needed please!
Adam_B

User status: Offline
29th Oct 09 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its been made very clear to us the aim of the project is the people, not the place. I had a vision of a white background but framed by the local landscape if that makes sense? Ive been looking at Rankin a lot this semester tho, i'll probably want something completly different come March/April.
Gaz

29th Oct 09 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your missing my first point Adam, what makes the Kenya people? It's their living arrangmnts, there work ethics. You cannot shoot someone in there "natural eviroment" with a White canvas. It has to be raw shots, people sat on dusty steps, kids playing on a dusty road. I'll try and find some example shots to explain why I feel a natural backgroud is going to make the shot rather then a White background.
Adam_B

29th Oct 09 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not going to to just use a white background for everything just because i have it Gareth. I think we are there for 10 days so I will be doing a couple of ideas, studio style portraits is just one. The idea will allow me to just focus on and portray the characters in my opinion.

[Edited on 29-10-2009 by Adam_B]
Simon

29th Oct 09 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with Gaz on this one. I think the white background is a little pointless and removes the location from the photo completely which defeats the point of going to Kenya
John

29th Oct 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that could work quite well.

A makeshift studio with the natural background around it, certainly never seen it done before.
Adam_B

29th Oct 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From Rankins Congo project

http://www.rankin.co.uk/portfolio/specialprojects

I dont think loosing the background/location takes anything away. Like i said though id like to introduce small elements of the location and its just 1 idea

[Edited on 29-10-2009 by Adam_B]
John

29th Oct 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking of the white background, but much wider angle so the natural background can be seen outside of that, not sure about they Rankin ones.
Adam_B

29th Oct 09 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats what i meant as well. Maybe all around or just down one side kinda thing.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Im going to Kenya UPDATE help needed please! 24 database queries in 0.0124030 seconds