corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » MTB Day: Advice on new bike

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MTB Day: Advice on new bike
radicalry00

User status: Offline
29th Oct 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in the market for a new mountain bike and after seeing quite a few mountain bike threads on here I thought it would be a good place to ask.

My budget's around £500 for the bike. I'm thinking about buying a 2009 Cube Aim from Chain Reaction Cycles which seems very good value for £319.

However, the bike doesn't come with disc brakes so I'm looking for a decent disc brake kit that I can put on the bike when I get it. So does anyone know of a decent front and rear disc brake set that will go on this bike for less than £150? I really don't know much about all the latest MTB gear that is available and what's decent etc as I haven't really done any biking for a good 5 years!

Thanks in advance.
C2RL R

29th Oct 09 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you would be better to put the £150 you have for a brake kit together with the money to buy the bike and get a better bike to begin with. mtb parts cost a bleeding fortune so you'll end up spending way more doing it your way.
radicalry00

29th Oct 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I was originally thinking about doing that but the Cube had good write-ups and it's on offer at the moment.

Which <£600 would you recommend? I would be using it for commuting and the occasional XC ride.
C2RL R

29th Oct 09 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/product/scottscale70mountainbike2009.aspx?&id=9310

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bianchi/kuma-5300-2010-mountain-bike-ec021274

i was looking at these two the other day for a mate. look ok to me. if you'd asked about 6-8 weeks ago you would have been able to get an 09 rockhopper for that price but i think they are mostly gone now. there are a few members on here that work in bike shops that can probably recomend some better bikes.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » MTB Day: Advice on new bike 23 database queries in 0.3726480 seconds