corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nuke the bastards

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nuke the bastards
J4M13

User status: Offline
4th Nov 09 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by J4M13
For someone to say they dont care at all about the boys out there though is very insensitive of them, views would change if you were out there with them. Imagine if no one signed up to serve in the forces, i assume this country would go down the shit pan and you wouldnt be living the nice little life you have.

I should think that would probably bring about the return of national service and potentially conscription J4M.

That would certainly alter some opinions.

Indeed it would, in todays age though i dont think it would be an easy task to put national service and conscription upon the nation, people wouldnt have any of it and revolt against it i reckon. National service should definatly be brought back though without a doubt, i think alot of people would agree.
SVM 286

4th Nov 09 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
At the end of the day one of the reasons i feel why they wont pull the forces out of afghan is because they dont want to be seen as a defeated country, just think, two of the worlds biggest super powers with powerful armed forces being beaten by a 3rd world country with little armed resources. It would just make us seem defeatable which obviously isnt a good thing. Obviously there are going to be hidden reasons as to why we are over there though.

Good point J4M. They obviously pride their own faces (i.e. not losing any) over the lives of those they send to their deaths.

I don't think it would be defeatest to pull out though, especially when Brown has promised previously to return troops home.

To my mind, it would be the most sensible part of the whole farce. No more soldiers blown to pieces and no more billions of pounds worth of tax payers funding pissed into the drain.

To stand up and be honest and say we've tried our best to help these countries but the cost now outweighs any benefit and has done for some time, to me would be anything but shamefull.

I think the UK's armed forces should be a defensive measure, not an offensive one. That would be far more effective from a mortality perspective and a financial one.

I very much doubt North America needs our help to go to war these days either.
SVM 286

4th Nov 09 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
For someone to say they dont care at all about the boys out there though is very insensitive of them, views would change if you were out there with them. Imagine if no one signed up to serve in the forces, i assume this country would go down the shit pan and you wouldnt be living the nice little life you have.

I should think that would probably bring about the return of national service and potentially conscription J4M.

That would certainly alter some opinions.

Indeed it would, in todays age though i dont think it would be an easy task to put national service and conscription upon the nation, people wouldnt have any of it and revolt against it i reckon. National service should definatly be brought back though without a doubt, i think alot of people would agree.

National Service would indeed straighten out some of the scum that decent folk currently have to contend with in this country. ASBOs would more than likely become a thing of the past.

It'd certainly give the arseholes a different perspective on life AND something to think about.
Beato

4th Nov 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why should we destroy the poppy fields? Farmers rely on them for a living. Yes there is a problem with drugs coming onto the UK, but thats our problem not theirs.

As said before nobody joins up for Queen and Country anymore, I know I didnt. I am unsure if National Service nowadays would do any good for the 'Scum' you talk about. Forcing people into the Armed Forces that dont wont to be there could make the job harder as apose to having any benifiets. Not to mention the large sum of money needed to train them, when we are already struggling for the right equipment.

richc

4th Nov 09 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Beato
Why should we destroy the poppy fields? Farmers rely on them for a living. Yes there is a problem with drugs coming onto the UK, but thats our problem not theirs.

But the taliban get at lot/if not the majority of there money through these fields. Its one big cycle. If we wiped out the fields, it would help stop alot of the world problems (if you look on the wider picture).

Im sure Osma bin laden's cousin was one of the richest men in the world (opium dealer) and was reported to be worth like £200 billion dollars or something rediculous

Cant find the evidence to back up the claim , but...

"It seems clear to me heroin is the No. 1 financial asset of Osama bin Laden," Rep. Mark Steven Kirk, Illinois Republican, told The Washington Times. "There is a need to update our view of how terrorism is financed.

[Edited on 04-11-2009 by richc]
richc

4th Nov 09 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In Afghanistan, bin Laden has the benefit of the world's largest poppy crop, as he evades capture in Pakistan's notorious border areas. He is reaping $24 million alone from one narcotics network in Kandahar, Afghanistan, according to Mr. Kirk's investigation.
andy1868

4th Nov 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i just say before we start arguing that my comment on napalming the poppy fields was a joke

furthermore, lets say i start growing marijuana in my back garden. i can't get a job and i can't claim benefits. the police turn up, are they going to let me keep growing it? are they going to give a shit when the dealers i work for come and beat the shit out of/kill me? not likely

[Edited on 04-11-2009 by andy1868]
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Nov 09 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Imagine if no one signed up to serve in the forces, i assume this country would go down the shit pan and you wouldnt be living the nice little life you have.
Just like Costa Rica.

I wouldn't disband the armed forces. I think they have their uses. I just don't know why we go to the Middle East and interfere with their business and then look surprised when people die.

The reason they die is because the government sent them there. Of course people are going to die.

I've the utmost respect for everyone there, I would be scared shitless every hour I was awake. But I still don't think Britain should be there.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Nov 09 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
just think, two of the worlds biggest super powers with powerful armed forces being beaten by a 3rd world country with little armed resources. It would just make us seem defeatable which obviously isnt a good thing. Obviously there are going to be hidden reasons as to why we are over there though.
Its not hidden, its political.

The don't want to appear like they're losing, which they are.

Secondly, they'll have to admit that they shouldn't have gone in in the first place.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nuke the bastards 23 database queries in 0.0112650 seconds