corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » £800 my ass

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author £800 my ass
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   7th May 03 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went for a quote to get my car sprayed on saturday.

£800...I started laughing at him and told him to 'GTF',
he then dropped to £700
still no deal.

Went to get another quote yesterday £1000, wtf?

How much u reckon is a fair price for the smoothing and spraying, I've already fitted the kit for christs sake...!?

[Edited on 07-05-2003 by loafofbrett]
Jason Iles

7th May 03 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid £475 for mine to be smoothed and sprayed. However I took the kit to them in pieces and then put it back when it was sprayed.

[Edited on 07-05-2003 by J 11ESY]
netagra

7th May 03 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

700 euros tops... but in Greece...

need to be in pieces i think!!!
Brett
Premium Member

7th May 03 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the arches need to be smooted in to the body
antonOO2

7th May 03 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was told that it is much more expensive to spray kits on the car as all the prpr has to be done .he said it would take half a day or more to mask it up properly
Brett
Premium Member

7th May 03 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but u can get the kit supplied, fitted, smoothed and sprayed for £1000 in places.

wtf!?
Brett
Premium Member

7th May 03 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a guy who said he'll do it for £400 and throw in a BB Bonnet for extra £100

sounds fair
antonOO2

7th May 03 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah 400 sounds gud ,i got me arches back bumper and side skirts and m3s done for 300 quid .but he had made a mistake and forgot bout m3s soi got um done for free
paul_spurrell

7th May 03 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you pay for what you get
Andy GSi

7th May 03 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i paid £600 for mine to get smoothed and sprayed, AND fitted!!! so u r getting well over priced, mine was too over priced
Brett
Premium Member

7th May 03 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andysri
i paid £600 for mine to get smoothed and sprayed, AND fitted!!! so u r getting well over priced, mine was too over priced

that's what i thought mate.
I knew people had got it cheaper.
Brett
Premium Member

7th May 03 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how far away is shropshire from manchester?
Brett
Premium Member

7th May 03 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andysri

ah.
u don't have wide arches tho mate.
every place i have been said i need a complete respray on either side cause of the arches.
Andy GSi

7th May 03 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the place where i got mine done, charge £600 for any kit sprayed fitted and smoothed, its a standard price. but u have arches, which, u want smoothing in/therefore spraying the whole side!!!! u dont have to smooth tha arches in, i think it will look fine, just fitting/spraying them on!!!!manchester is about an hour drive from where i live

[Edited on 07-05-2003 by andysri]
MattyB

7th May 03 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate - u have ur arches blended into the side of the car........that means the whole sides will need to be sprayed as it'll look crap other wise.

i take it u no this, coz any other method wud look crap!

so.....u got a quote for £400 for both sides to be resprayed? That seems too cheap to be honest mate, and remember, u only get what u pay for.......expect peeling and poor colour match!

Matt
Jason Iles

7th May 03 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by paul_spurrell
you pay for what you get

You could pay £1000 and get a sh1t paint job so not really true.

I paid £475 and got a top quality job
RichR
Premium Member

7th May 03 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a mate of mine had his 206 done at a local place, pai £400 for the bonnet skin to be fitted, skirts, front and rear bumpers and rear spoiler to all be fittted an sprayed. At the time sounded like a good price and looked ok when it came out of the bodyshop.

however no 3months on and it looks wank, the skirts are sagging between the fixing points, the skins rippled the spoilers obviously not straight and it'll cost him about £700 to have put right.

With a thing like this it isnt worth going for the cheapest u can, he had a quote to do al the work for £550 from a reputable place that have done Jaffas; stubbsys and a few others - and cause it was £150 more he went for the cheaper, now its costing him big time
buckley

7th May 03 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did yer go for the quotes mate?
Brett
Premium Member

7th May 03 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you know somewhere cheaper mate?

[Edited on 07-05-2003 by loafofbrett]
MattyB

7th May 03 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You DO only get what you pay for.........I myself can tell you now for fact that after having my bodykit sprayed by Vauxhall themselves, dispite it only being crappy Fibre glass components.....the paint looks as fresh as the day it was done.

Fitting however i do not entrust to anyone, expect those who i have seen their work and their methods. People like Beardy off here who i no for fact takes each piece of work seriously and u no it wont be a rushed job.

However, if you've not got a clue bout bodywork etc (such as many of the people i no from college) and try to save money by having a bodykit fitted by a dad's mate or woteva, who apparently does "repairs etc" then ur gonna come a cropper. To mention just one who had his astra kit fitted and sprayed......cost him £250 (discount from a family friend).....and 2 months down the line......paint is cracking+peeling, bumpers are sagging and spoiler is comin undone.

However, some of u are sayin u could go somewhere and pay £1k and still get a shit job. If thats the case then you are thick and have been conned.

Also very unlikely is goin to a small back street garage and paying sod all for spraying, yet getting a decent finish. The low price is telling you that minimal time will be spend, lower quality of materials
+ paint will be used and generally less care will be taken.

It always helps to have a bit of knowledge when ur goin to place for quotes etc!

Matt
Drew
Banned

7th May 03 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by paul_spurrell
you pay for what you get

bump
Brett
Premium Member

8th May 03 at 08:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Brett
Premium Member

12th May 03 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just thought i'd say.
I have my car booked in this coming saturday for smoothing, meshing and a respray for £400

[Edited on 12-05-2003 by loafofbrett]
digitalbanana

12th May 03 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where?
Brett
Premium Member

12th May 03 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

errr.. a little back street place i found in mosley not far from me.

No signs on door, nothing, just one guy there. A fair few kitted up cars there. Nice mini with flip-paint on it

Said he'd throw in a badboy bonnet for extra £100 but i lost my job friday so gotta save the pennies

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » £800 my ass 24 database queries in 0.0160429 seconds